Best way to listen to audio book?

I need to utilize driving time for audio books. What's the best platform for doing so? Audible?
I'm an avid podcast listener, just never any audio books.

Following this. Audible is pretty pricy. I’ve heard Libby is good but I couldn’t find anything worth reading when I downloaded it. All you need is a library card for that one.

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
Libby app is decent considering it is free. But yeah it is hit or miss on titles depending I think on your local library size? You can add more than one library card so I have been meaning to get one from a city to add and see if that helps.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I like audible. The app is free. Membership gets you credits, and one credit is often cheaper than the book (but not always).

Libby and overdrive are cheaper but require some effort.

I have been on audible for years. audible is $15 a month for one credit. That is a touch cheaper than a new release title usually and they have a free section as well. I do that. Depending on how much I am driving it Takes me a few weeks to get through a book. After subscribing for years, I have a bit of a backlog of titles.

if you are paying for them, don’t buy a title until you are ready to read it. Try samples too. I have a dozen or so titles that I bought on a whim and by the time I got to them, I wasn’t interested any more. probably a couple dozen more that I started listening to and lost interest.

LostArra

WKR
Be aware you can return a book to Audible for credit. I returned some because the narrator was awful.

I had paid for a year of credits and was going to lose them so I had my four son In-laws each pick out a book and I sent it as a gift.

406life

Lil-Rokslider
There are many libraries that will allow you to sign up without actually living in the area. That increases your access to audiobooks; some libraries have what others do not.

Otherwise, I utilize audible. IF you join, then cancel, they will lure you back with half off offers...

jolemons

WKR
My last two public libraries had Hoopla subscriptions for members. Free with expansive selection.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

$15 per month is literally one trip to the drive thru these days. . . Audible is awesome, Huge selection, great customer service and the added benefit of helping Jeff Bezos get by. . . He's pretty had up for cash so I feel good helping out!

In all seriousness I'm an audio book only guy. I can listen to books 4-5 times faster than I read them and I'm not a slow reader by any means I just process audio so much faster. And audible has been awesome.

I listen to Libby, but man!...you have to weed through all the blm/transgender/anti-culture/Michelle Obama memoirs crap to find the good stuff. Disgusting that my tax dollars pay the libraries to broadcast that trash

tony

WKR
Through speakers.........................
Here all weekend folks, and tip your bartenders :ROFLMAO: