Beyond Clothing USA Line

dlee56

WKR
Somehow I just discovered Beyond Clothing and their Berry Compliant line. Looks like some good gear with lots of good reviews, anyone here have some experience with their pieces? Any recommendations on fit or sizing?

Mainly eyeballing the Stretch Alpha L5 Jacket, thier insulated pants and curious to try their backcountry pant when my size is back in stock.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I have some of their overseas stuff. I really like the fit and it seems to be good quality. I would think their USA line would be great. I plan on buying some.

h2so4

WKR
There are a few threads on Beyond. Check out the search function and you’ll find a lot more.

I sent back the Alpha L5 that i had ordered. It seemed heavy for what it was imo.

OP
dlee56

dlee56

WKR
I sent back the Alpha L5 that i had ordered. It seemed heavy for what it was imo.

Ya I think it's listed at 21oz which is definitely heavier than the 13oz arctyrex atom that im hoping it'll replace. I ended up ordering the Alpha L5 and some puffy pants so I'll see how they feel.

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
I have had their A3 Jacket (Polartech Alpha), A7 Durable Jacket (Climashield Apex) and A7 Pants (Climashield Apex).

You can get hunting friendly solids from them and many times can find reasonable surplus prices (though the price definitely went up on sites like ebay).

The A3 is a good jacket but doesn't breathe quite as well as the new alpha direct jackets.

The A7 jacket/pants are also durable but over a few seasons started to lose loft (like any synthetic). With the weight and loss of loft over time I decided to move to down.

Ya I think it's listed at 21oz which is definitely heavier than the 13oz arctyrex atom that im hoping it'll replace. I ended up ordering the Alpha L5 and some puffy pants so I'll see how they feel.
The 2 I ordered (slightly different sizes) were both over advertised weight. Nice construction and good quality though.

I ordered the A5 and A7 jackets that are on sale right now. I got both in 2xl. The A5 fit perfect and the A7 was too big. I was really wanting the A7 to replace my half zip Kifaru LPP. If it would’ve fit I would’ve kept it. I sent them both back. That A5 is a nice jacket, I just don’t really need another soft shell type jacket.

I have ran their a6 rain gear the last 5+ years. It is the best I have ever used. I have used everything from Arcteryx to Sitka. Beyond is head and shoulders better in fit, finish and performance. USA made is nice too!

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the A5 and A7 jackets that are on sale right now. I got both in 2xl. The A5 fit perfect and the A7 was too big. I was really wanting the A7 to replace my half zip Kifaru LPP. If it would’ve fit I would’ve kept it. I sent them both back. That A5 is a nice jacket, I just don’t really need another soft shell type jacket.
One thing to consider is that these pieces are designed for the military. As such there is room for body armor and other gear as well as intended layering originating from the PCU system.

I can't speak to all of their military A series but I can say for the A7 I had to go a whole size down while the A3 was normal sizing (I'm assuming intended to be work directly over a base layer).

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
How does their grid fleece compare to a Peleton 240/260? I like the look of some of their pants aswell

Their pants kick ass.

I'm not a fleece guy, but my wife did use their exchange process and it was zero hassle with the refund issued the same week. If you've got the curiosity, I'd tell you it's a genuine no risk.

Somehow I just discovered Beyond Clothing and their Berry Compliant line. Looks like some good gear with lots of good reviews, anyone here have some experience with their pieces? Any recommendations on fit or sizing?

Mainly eyeballing the Stretch Alpha L5 Jacket, thier insulated pants and curious to try their backcountry pant when my size is back in stock.

This brand is also catching my eye. I have their A9 Mission Pants and really like. Anyone aware of what SOF unit supposedly runs their gear?

I have ran their a6 rain gear the last 5+ years. It is the best I have ever used. I have used everything from Arcteryx to Sitka. Beyond is head and shoulders better in fit, finish and performance. USA made is nice too!
That’s awesome to hear. I’m coming from Arcteryx LEAF into this brand

Ive got a few USA made pieces from them ive had for a little over a year, extremely impressed so far with the rain jacket and softshell pants

OK I don’t quite understand the sizing on my first order from Beyond, my rain gear order was not what I expected. As far as pants go I’m a pretty consistent 33x32 guy. Most 32’s are a bit too snug so I’ll go up to 34 if the brand doesn’t offer a 33. As a comparison with the Kuiu Attack in 34 regular worn underneath:

Beyond A6 rain pant - 32 Long: if I really cinch them down it’s OK, but the waist is at least 34 +. I might return or exchange for a 30 Long if they come back in stock. Length is good to slightly too long, but if I’m sitting/ crouching my ankles aren’t exposed which is nice. Rain pants shorter than the layer underneath is a no go for me.

Beyond ARX 2.0 L6 rain pant - 32 Long: Huge waist, going back.

Beyond Ventum Ultralight L4 pant - 34 regular: huge waist, going back. I went 34 because these were labeled as the standard fit vs. the A Series expedition fit but they are way too big.

Beyond A6 rain Jacket - Medium Long: perfect for me. Love the fit and I can layer a medium loft puffy with a chest pack/bino rig underneath. I have longer arms and the long keeps my wrists dry and my butt covered while not fitting like a trash bag if I sized up to L or XL to get the right sleeve length.