Big Game Year-round Hunting Options

Except for federal law.

Hawaii has a lot of opportunities, and there are wild hogs and imported horned game that can be hunted year round in many places.

We vacationed there every winter for years before I realized the hunting opportunities about four or five years ago, and since then my bow has always traveled with me when heading down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
Wolves, Spring Bear, Aoudad (west texas tresspass type hunt or New Mexico OTC).

Felix40

WKR
There’s so many different opportunities that you can always hunt something all year. Hogs in TX, LA, OK, any other southern state, javelina, spring bear, sheep in NM, you can deer hunt different states from July-February. I just wish I had more time.

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone aware of a backcountry style big game hunt that can be done year round?.....................................................I’m looking for a challenge, tracking in the backcountry on foot, packing out the animal myself etc. Has anyone done something like this?
Mountain Lion tags in Oregon are $16.50 for non-residents and are open year round entire state. Currently the state is overpopulated with them.

Mountain Lion tags in Oregon are $16.50 for non-residents and are open year round entire state. Currently the state is overpopulated with them.
Im thinking of doing an oregon bear hunt in august. If i do, ill sure as hell spend the 16.50 on a lion tag. Id be kicking myself in the ass if i called in a cat and hadnt spent a couple bucks on the tag

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
Im thinking of doing an oregon bear hunt in august. If i do, ill sure as hell spend the 16.50 on a lion tag. Id be kicking myself in the ass if i called in a cat and hadnt spent a couple bucks on the tag
Note you can buy two tags for each. Oregon's overran with predators right now, have at em.

Felix40

WKR
Wild horse and burro act
Doesn’t apply here. I hate to keep commenting on this since it’s irrelevant and off topic. I don’t like seeing incorrect stuff. I’m a federal LEO and I live on the Lincoln.

Continue with the off season hunt recommendations….

Last edited:
what is the best way to find a guide that can help with a DIY type hunting experience in NZ? Google is full of high priced, fancy lodges. That is not what I am looking for.