Binocular tripod

Dunndm

WKR
I've done quite a bit of glossing but always just have a make shift or figure out the best/easiest way to glass but as I get older I find sometimes the best thing is to spend money for stuff you'll use.
So my question is: I already have binos and need a tripod. Any suggestions of what people like? Compact/light and sturdy but aren't an arm and a leg in price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently discovered that the mediocre tripod I had been using for my binocular setup was barely holding together at one of the leg joints so i just spent considerable time researching this same thing. Mine is a bino only deal so i am not expecting it to anchor a lot of weight.

I ended up ordering a Sirui T-024x (carbon). I wanted to stay at or under $200. The runner up for me was the T-025x followed closely by the Benro carbon slim. Check them out and give a lot of thought to how you plan to use it and what you really expect from it. Leg angles, max height, min height, center column length, weight, compactness, twist lock or flick lock, aluminum or carbon..etc. are you sitting in a chair? Steep sidehills? Etc.

I learned what I wanted by paying attention to the short comings of the lesser tripod i used for three years. It definitely cost me some weight but I now have a much more adaptable and useable set up.

I'm hoping to spend around 200$ that'll be max. aiming for 150 but if it's a nice product then 200

I recently discovered that the mediocre tripod I had been using for my binocular setup was barely holding together at one of the leg joints so i just spent considerable time researching this same thing. Mine is a bino only deal so i am not expecting it to anchor a lot of weight.

I ended up ordering a Sirui T-024x (carbon). I wanted to stay at or under $200. The runner up for me was the T-025x followed closely by the Benro carbon slim. Check them out and give a lot of thought to how you plan to use it and what you really expect from it. Leg angles, max height, min height, center column length, weight, compactness, twist lock or flick lock, aluminum or carbon..etc. are you sitting in a chair? Steep sidehills? Etc.

I learned what I wanted by paying attention to the short comings of the lesser tripod i used for three years. It definitely cost me some weight but I now have a much more adaptable and useable set up.

I'm iut in California and planning on going to AZ and Colorado at some point or another. I'll be doing all back country so no chair. Just me and my backpack. So I guess it'll be angles and light weight

if your going to be seated while glassing, might look at the Slik Mini II. under $100, well built and weighs i believe around 1.4 lbs. i use it for glassing with bino, small spotter and rifle tripod. cons, won't be able to use standing and i would not use it for a large spotter.

It is not as nice as the above mentioned sirui, i like that one a bunch but it is heavier.

if your going to be seated while glassing, might look at the Slik Mini II. under $100, well built and weighs i believe around 1.4 lbs. i use it for glassing with bino, small spotter and rifle tripod. cons, won't be able to use standing and i would not use it for a large spotter.

It is not as nice as the above mentioned sirui, i like that one a bunch but it is heavier.

I'll be doing a lot of backpacking. No standing while glassing all sitting with my backpack as my back rest. I'll check it out. The price tag looks nice too haha

Do all these come with an adapter or is that another thing that I'll need to find

I run a slik 624 and it’s awesome very light and sturdy and reasonable on price I picked mine up here used for like 160 or so and picked up the outdoorsman adaptor and micro pan head imo it’s as good a set up as you can get.

Do all these come with an adapter or is that another thing that I'll need to find

You'll need an adaptor. There are several options to choose from. Also, some tripods come with a head, some don't. I prefer the ball head.

I found a cheap carbon one on ebay or amazon that was tall enough for standing height, worked well, the ball head is not great but functional, I used it for a week and it did what was needed.sunpak digipro 665

I found a cheap carbon one on ebay or amazon that was tall enough for standing height, worked well, the ball head is not great but functional, I used it for a week and it did what was needed.sunpak digipro 665

How small does it shrink down too? If I'm hiking I don't think I'll be wanting to stand up a lot

Don’t remember exactly but the legs reverse fold so pretty short..14-15 inches...look it up

I'll be doing a lot of backpacking. No standing while glassing all sitting with my backpack as my back rest. I'll check it out. The price tag looks nice too haha

I run this one, definitely recommend if standing is not a requirement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll nominate the slik mini as well.

Have had better tripods but they aren't any "better" for bino use.

Think you can pick on up for 80$ or so.

Take the savings and run the outdoorsman stud and bino adapter deal.

I'll nominate the slik mini as well.

Have had better tripods but they aren't any "better" for bino use.

Think you can pick on up for 80$ or so.

Take the savings and run the outdoorsman stud and bino adapter deal.

Hate to be "that guy" but could you link me what deal you are talking about. I'm not really familiar with what adapter will work with what binoculars. Unless they are a universal deal

Back