Binocular Upgrade

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using a lower end pair of Vortex 10x42 for the last 5-6 years and am looking to upgrade. Lots of info on the web but looking for some feedback from real people. Don’t plan to spend $1k or more so please bear that in mind when making any suggestions. Thanks for your input.

Antares

WKR
Not sure if you’re wanting the same size or something different, but you could find used Meopta 10x or 12x for around $1k. The 12x50s are my go-to right now. I have the 15x56s also and they’re awesome too.

Blackbird

FNG
The meopta are definitely worth looking at. I have also been using the 12x and recommend them at that price point.

Tomilg

FNG
Doug pretty much summed up your higher end glass options in the sub $1K area. I would try to test as many as you can find in your area.

nphunter

WKR
Meoptas are nice and so is the Vortex Razor and you can find a set of 10x42's used for $6-700. I love my Meopta 15's but haven't been able to let my Razor 10's go, they are much smaller, lighter and are still a great optic. I think the Razor gets a lot of hate due to its high MSRP but in the used market they are hard to beat.

If you're okay with getting used binos and being patient you can snag a pair of Vortex UHDs for around $1000 off of the optics classifieds.

slowelk

WKR
People seem to be forgetting about the sub $1k champ - Nikon Monarch HG 10x42. They are lightweight and perform phenomenally. They've been discussed extensively on Rokslide since 2018, and were reviewed by one of the staff. I'm pretty sure you can find them now after temporary period where they vanished.

I still have the ones I bought from Doug back in 2018 as my backup, but I moved up to ELs. It really takes a discerning eye, and for both sets to be on a tripod before you notice a difference.

Hoodie

WKR
If you don't mind a heavy binocular the Meopta is a fantastic optic. So is the Maven B2.

If size/weight matters, I'd recommend either the Nikon Monarch HG or Maven B1.2 or B6 (The B6 is really like getting a 10x50 in a 10x42 package. It handles really well).