Binocular Upgrade

The Maven B1.2, specifically the 8x, really nice glass. The FOV is next level. Ive always preferred 10x, but I will be using these 8s a lot more this year. The more I use them, the more I like them.

That being said, I have BX4 10x42 and SLC 10x42. The SLC have brighter colors, but I dont think I could find more game with the SLCs over the BX4s. And the BX4s feel better in hand to me with the open center bridge and smoother focus wheel.

You should go to some sporting goods store and touch some. I think what Doug offered up is all solid. For me my preference was the Zeiss Conquest. They were super sharp and to be honest you can find them for around $700-800. I would also suggest that you save and buy what you want. I ended up buying Swaro ELs after like a year long debate/search. I was in a similar boat, not wanting to drop $1k on a pair binos, but I don't regret my choice.

jimh406

WKR
Nikon Monarch 7 in 10x42 are pretty good. I know a park ranger that just uses those. I have a pair. You can find them for around $400. They are not the top end, but they are pretty good.

I replaced mine with with these. https://tractoptics.com/all-products/10x42-binoculars. They were just under $700 and have free returns if you don't like them through Amazon. That was worth taking a risk for me.

I liked them so much I also added a 12.5x50s which are quite a bit larger. My 10x42 stay in my binocular pack for hunting etc. I use the 12.5x50s virtually every day to view wildlife on my property.

The company only sells direct which is the reason "they say" they can offer very good products for a lot less. They are definitely a step up from the Nikon Monarch 7s, but they cost more so they should be.

I can't say Tract is the top end of what's available, but they are very good.

hunterjmj

WKR
Tough to beat Meopta. There are built like a tank and great glass. I just got the Meopta 15's from cameraland and they are unbelievable. We've been sitting in the back yard watching antelope from distances I can't estimate. Been teaching my 6yo how to operate the tripod while scanning for animals. Her eyes are so good I don't think she misses much.
Here are my 10's I've been using for the past 3-4 years compared to 15's.

82906230-557E-4D0B-B3A7-9768913A2677.jpeg

nhgt_fd

FNG
Nikon Monarch 7 in 10x42 are pretty good. I know a park ranger that just uses those. I have a pair. You can find them for around $400. They are not the top end, but they are pretty good.

I replaced mine with with these. https://tractoptics.com/all-products/10x42-binoculars. They were just under $700 and have free returns if you don't like them through Amazon. That was worth taking a risk for me.

I liked them so much I also added a 12.5x50s which are quite a bit larger. My 10x42 stay in my binocular pack for hunting etc. I use the 12.5x50s virtually every day to view wildlife on my property.

The company only sells direct which is the reason "they say" they can offer very good products for a lot less. They are definitely a step up from the Nikon Monarch 7s, but they cost more so they should be.

I can't say Tract is the top end of what's available, but they are very good.

I agree. I have compared Monarch 7 and the Tract. It is a night-and-day difference in favor of Tract for just a little more $$. Tract is just $700 and gets a 10% discount on most holidays (like memorial day a week ago).

It is pretty close between Tract and other $1K MiJ optics.