Black bear weight?

Can anyone guess the weight? Guess he’s probably to small to shoot. He’s on cam everyday. It’s in nys

F137A274-4C97-44C6-BB9E-97256BF5AD2D.jpeg

Young bear,maybe 200 lbs. does not have that pot belly look and big ears, a older bear will look like its belly is almost dragging the ground and its ears will look shorter and more rounded, think 55 gal drum on short stumps. I would let him walk.

150-175lbs. If you have more pics it would be helpful. I shot a younger bear this year around the same weight but had a nice head and big paws.

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
I find it interesting that east coast hunters measure bears by weight and here in AK its all about length, square, and/or skull size.

Check out the most current NYSDEC bear report when you get a chance, there's lots of detailed information in there and it's updated every year.

There were 1,723 bears killed in NY state during the 2020 season of which the heaviest was 550# and the 8th through 11th heaviest bears were all 400#. The average age of a male bear killed in the southern zone over the last 30 years is 3yo and 4yo in the northern zone. According to the report that puts the average dressed weight at 150-200#.

I've been fortunate to kill a few bears in NY and I wouldn't hesitate to kill the one in your photo because I feel like it's weight/age would fall squarely into the average range that is typical for the state we hunt.

Looks like a 2 year old male to me. Larger frame but not filled out with muscle and fat like a slightly older bear. I would say between 175-225 depending on if your allowed to bait in the area. If not he might be older than I’m guessing. Any tracks you can see a size on?
For reference a few years ago in WI my dad shot a boar that was 240 lbs gutted and aged by our DNR at 2 years old. The same year I shot a 240 lb sow that was 6 years old. I can provide pictures for reference if you would like.