J A Outdoors “custom” Tikka!?

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I've never done business with them but personally, I have an issue paying more for an oem action than the whole rifle costs. My idea of a tikka is a more budget build that performs as well as more expensive "custom" stuff. However, with that budget, I think you get way more for your money by going with a custom action and building it up from there. You could do that and still come in around the same price and pick every single thing you want.

If one of you has a barrel vise and action wrench you're there. You might need to bed it depending on the stock you get but that's not hard either.

Just my opinion. If you want a factory rifle, I'd look really hard at a seekins and the proof with the zermatt action also interests me.
Yeah, I can and have put together a prefit, but he doesn’t live that close to me, time is of the essence and he needs/wants ready to go now.

manitou1

WKR
The mesa is the worst stock you can buy for a tikka when it comes to recoil control.

For that reason I’d suggest elsewhere.
I agree. I built a full custom and put that stock on it. Pull the trigger and the barrel is pointing up in the air!

Overwire

FNG
The proof prefit will be heavier than a factory lite barrel and even more so compared to a factory superlite barrel. Likely won’t be any more accurate. I guess if he must have a 7prc and must have it now it’s an ok option.

If he is a grip it and rip it kind of guy he probably won’t be able to take advantage of the extra capability a 7prc offers over 7mm-08, 6.5 cm, etc… he would probably shoot those milder cartridges better and therefore be a more effective killer with them.

Not sure the mesa offers anything over the factory stock, might be a downgrade actually.

The Mesa hate is strong. I consider the one I have a upgrade over the Tikka Stock. It doesn't help with recoil in the way a chassis may, but it is very shootable for a lightweight stock. I would say that someone who isn't looking to drop into the weeds on the topic will think it looks cool and is a great stock. Half the battle is thinking your gun looks cool right? If they offered the Tikka Mesa with a adjustable cheekpiece, I would buy another.