Blackhorn

When retailers don't have something on AmmoSeek.com, there are usually at least a couple of people selling stuff on gunbroker that you can't find anywhere else.

Haven't seen it since last October. Cabelas was asking $70/lb. I bought 3lbs a few years back and still have a good stash left.

It seems like unobtanium most places but my local Scheels has it and according to the website many Scheels locations have it in stock.

I hunt open sights muzzleloader only in NV. Is it worth converting to the Blackhorn? The price per half pound is offensive. Scheels has it for $79.99

bought some at about a month ago in a Rocky Mountain Discount Sports. seems like it way more scarce since Hogen bought them.

bought some at about a month ago in a Rocky Mountain Discount Sports. seems like it way more scarce since Hogen bought them.

My working theory is that after the buyout, Hodgdon needed to "differentiate" BH 209 from its other powders. As a result, BH209 was made to be a "premium" product with the associated price and (possibly artificial) scarcity.

Back