boot lacing techniques

there are a lot of boot lacing techniques. how many sliders use the varied techniques or just use the plain ole'straight up technique (me)?
thanks,BB

I saw on here once a locking loop used instead of a double over hand knot to tie it without coming loose. Searched and can't find it.

I saw on here once a locking loop used instead of a double over hand knot to tie it without coming loose. Searched and can't find it.

I've never found the need to lace any different than the standard criss-cross up the boot, but I do use a different knot. Not sure if it's the same one realunlucky mentioned, but I just posted it in Brock's Salomon 4D thread.

Here's the link: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/secureknot.htm

Yes, I'll usually re lace prior to a big ascent or descent.

That and I always buy new flat laces with any new boot. Not sure why boot manufacturers insist on providing those crappy round slick laces with new boots.

This is how I do mine. The extra wrap really helps me crank down to keep them tight when I want to.

Similar to Becca for me. I have Lowa Tibets with the lace locks at the top of the foot. I leave the laces loose on my foot because it fits my wide feet better. I cinch it hard with the double knot top and bottom of the one going back to the heel. I have actually had to stop and loosen the laces because it felt like I was cutting my foot off, but I have never had them loosen up on me during the day and i have never had a blister on my heels since I put these boots on.

Back