Bottomed Out My Waist Belt

I was already close, and with my fitness kicking it up, I was nervous this was going to happen...My medium belt is maxed out.../sigh.

Anyone else have this happen? Will the small fit over my hips the same as the medium? I feel as though I need a smedium :)

123 4/8 P&Y

Lil-Rokslider
I was already close, and with my fitness kicking it up, I was nervous this was going to happen...My medium belt is maxed out.../sigh.

Anyone else have this happen? Will the small fit over my hips the same as the medium? I feel as though I need a smedium :)

My fat ass should offer to trade you for my small. I have a lot of work to do this summer or else I'll be slowly packing around my pudge for 10 days instead of elk meat.

I wish, seems like I am going to have to make a deal with the devil to lose the last 15 pounds of love handles, getting old sucks.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
What was your waist measurement prior to getting your Richard Simmons on? My waist goes between 29-32(currently) and the small works just fine. My buddy used my DT1/Duplex frame on a goat hunt last year while I used my Timberline 1. He had a 34" waist and had no issues running my small waistbelt.

OP
T
I fluctuate UP to a 36" waist...I'm probably sitting between 34/35 right now.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'd say the small would work then based on how it looked on my buddy with his 34" waist. I ran a medium when using a friends pack and bottomed out on my 30" waist at the time it was def too big. I'd rather have a slightly small waistbelt that I could cinch up tight enough to keep the load on my waist than one that bottomed out.

OP
T
Thanks Luke! I'll be trying on Scott's(FTF) small sometime in the next week or two and deciding if I want to bump it down. I'm hoping it has the ability to expand back to a 36 if I need it. I fluctuate a bit through the year.

Ozz08

WKR
The waist belt on my t1 has only been about an inch from bottoming out since I got the pack. I probably go a med belt when I should have got a small. I never worried about it as it still seems to work just fine.

OP
T
The waist belt on my t1 has only been about an inch from bottoming out since I got the pack. I probably go a med belt when I should have got a small. I never worried about it as it still seems to work just fine.

It works fine. But if there's more to tighten, and I can't...then that's not using the full capability of my pack.

Ozz08

WKR
Oh no I wasn't comparing your belt situation. I was just stating mine and I was thinking I probably should have gotten a smaller belt size too.