Bergara BMR. Bottomed out scope, still over a foot high at 50 yards

Coffindaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I recently bought a carbon Bergara BMR

I noticed they came with a 30moa base from the factory but didn’t pay it much mind because I’m only shooting subs. I actually thought it was great.

I put a Burris Fullfield 3-9x40 on it

Medium rings

I absolutely bottomed out the adjustment on the scope and it was still over a foot high at 50 yards.

Anyone else have the same gun and figured out a solution besides Jerry Rigging with shims under the scope?

OP
C

Coffindaffer

Lil-Rokslider
How so?

They’re decent rings and the factory base. Everything removed, retorqued, and blue loctited per usual

Scope has 50MOA or total travel, the 30 MOA base that bergara puts on it from the factory is basically “canceling” it

I guess I just have to trash it and put on a 0 MOA base or one piece Talleys

cjcavinaw

FNG
I would say you've got it figured out. I had a similar thing happen on my 300rum with a trijicon tenmile on it. Sitting on a 20 moa base I couldn't get it zeroed due to running out of elevation. Put a 0 moa base on and no problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
C

Coffindaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Thought I was losing my mind at first then realized after I posted this that the base was basically having a canceling affect on the budget scope

I can’t bring myself to spend any more on that little 22 than I have already, so I just ordered Talley rings for it and going to call it a day. Should suit my needs 99.9% of the time.

Thanks for the replies guys.