Bow Cam/String cover

I’m looking for a light weight cam/string bow cover. I love the Kuiu one, but my current one won’t fit on a Mach 34. Everything else I find out there is 10-14oz, neoprene, and has carrying strap. Am I missing one? Anyone cut on the Kuiu and make it work? Suggestions?

Nwmod39

FNG

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38
I hadn’t seen that one, just his neoprene one, thanks. Do you have a weight? Can’t seem to find one

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38
I do not. Just remember hearing about one a while back.

Are you looking for lightweight?
Yes, don’t need sling attachment or neoprene, just something light to generally protect the strings. I really like the Kuiu, weighs nothing and easy on and off, but doesn’t fit longer ATA.
I think I’ll order that one you linked, take sling off and cut anything extra off, I’ll get a weight and update here.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I added some material to make a modified kuiu cover for my mach34.
df1c9e76f30f2086e2fd465d8d0f37a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

DanimalW

WKR
Check out the muley freak one on camofire today. It’s the free shipping item at the end. Might fit the bill for you.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You could get a Primos one and just cut the sling off it. I haven't used one in years, but it stretched far enough to fit my 37" bow.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38
Check out the muley freak one on camofire today. It’s the free shipping item at the end. Might fit the bill for you.
I’m not big on boycotting stuff but I wouldn’t give that guy a dime
You could get a Primos one and just cut the sling off it. I haven't used one in years, but it stretched far enough to fit my 37" bow.
Little more than I’m looking for. Just want something light weight to protect string from rubbing while on my pack/shoulders.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38
For anyone interested….
Solohntr MTN lite came in heavier than I expected. As delivered is 12oz. After cutting everything off I could and a little surgery, I got it down to 6oz. Still more than double the weight of the Kuiu but I’ll stick with it.
I’m being a bit ridiculous I know… 99% of folks this might not be a big deal but I pay a lot of attention to the weight of all my other gear, seems counter productive to then just strap a pound on my bow as a cover.

Any DIYers out there, there is an opportunity for a lightweight cam/string cover like the Kuiu for a long ATA or even one made out of silnylon would be cool.
5DBE3C86-C64A-46A4-B4A1-43BD2D153BD9.jpeg
9553B8F2-0EE3-4833-A762-58DD0AB19439.jpeg
ADE5EA88-891C-4CF5-B522-16A134F2331E.jpeg

Lawnboi

WKR
Last I used a string cover it wore a hole right through my serving. That was a primos.

That was the last time I ever used a string cover.

My bow stays in my max till something is dead for the same reason.

Tilzbow

WKR
Easton Bow Slicker is what you want. 6.2 oz with the shoulder carrying strap removed (it’s easy to take off and put back on with the included quick release buckles) and accommodates bows with an ATA of 36”.

IMG_2762.jpeg

I had a piece sewn into my kuiu to make it fit my prime rival. I think the Velcro on the inside of the cover does more damage (just putting on and taking off hundreds of times) to my strings than not running a cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Easton Bow Slicker. It's a great design but I've got one issue. When I carry my bow with the strap slung across my arm, my rest (QAD Ultra) sticks out from my bow just enough that it's constantly bouncing against my body. Anyone else have this issue?

I was 4 miles in last year and was using the bow slicker for the first time. Noticed a wobble on my bow and looked down to see my sight dangling by a screw thread. Maybe it was coincidence, but I had been shooting that bow all year and never had an issue. First time I took it into the mountains with the bow slicker, after the rest was rubbing/bouncing on my side the entire hike up, I had a problem.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a piece sewn into my kuiu to make it fit my prime rival. I think the Velcro on the inside of the cover does more damage (just putting on and taking off hundreds of times) to my strings than not running a cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I took the velcro off mine

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Plowboy85

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer the bow slicker since it has loops to go over the limb pockets and pretty much can’t come off the bow unless you remove it. Spend a few minutes with it hanging under your right shoulder (assuming your are right handed) and you can go from carrying to bow ready to draw in a couple seconds.