Brand specific gift card or Visa gift card

ridgefire

WKR
I am thinking about getting my brother in law a gift card for a new hunting backpack and am I am debating if I should get him a brand specific gift card or a Visa card so he can pick what brand he wants. If I bought the Visa card, I would tell him the idea was for it to go towards a new pack. Thoughts?

TN2shot07

WKR
I like specific just because it’s more likely to be used for the intended purpose, especially if you know what they are planning to buy. You aren’t using a stone glacier or exo card at Walmart to pick up groceries

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe something like a Scheels gift card might be a good middle ground, they have decent packs like Stone Glacier or MR. Worst case if they don't have a pack he likes he's got cash for some other hunting gear.

I definitely wouldn’t want to be saddled into a specific brand unless I knew it was what I wanted. If you know he wants a kifaru/exo/SG then go ahead but I wouldn’t decide for him.

I would go with the VISA. If he doesn't use the entire balance on the brand specific card, he might not need anything else at that vendor, so the balance would never get used. A VISA card can be used anywhere for anything.

OP
R

ridgefire

WKR
He has an old Badlands 2200 and he has never looked into new packs so he does not have anything picked out. I was going to buy him an EXO gift card but maybe I will go with a Visa card and tell him to spend it on a new quality pack. Thanks everyone.