British smiths and custom rifle builders refusing to work on Bergara rifles because of their bad quality?

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
Also—I have no idea if bergara or
Other makers function this way, but I know of at least 2 Euro brands that have a US distributor that does final finish, assembly and qc in the US, ie they are not importing finished products. So its POSSIBLE that the bergara in US was completed from parts in a different facility than those in Eu. I dont know if this is the case, I just know of other brands that do this. So just be careful reading too much into it talking to people from various continents.
That's true, i know that european and american bergara catalogues differ quite a bit but i am not sure about the assembly part. As far as i understood all b14 rifles are made with the same materials but i could be wrong.

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
The rifles are made in Spain I believe, not sure what their QC is like or if they are assembled there. Most things that are labeled "American Made" are not made in the US, they're just assembled in the US. Just buy a Tikka.

Macintosh

WKR
Cz used to sell shotguns under both the name huglu, cz and also to another guy under Dehaan. Same actions arrived in the white, and they did final fitting, stocking, prep, finishing, assembly and QC locally. Result was the same action, but significantly different levels of finish and function. Ugartechea, which has since gone out of business, also did the same—you’ll hear people talk about an “AOC Uggie” because the ones finished in the US by Aspen Outfitting Co were much better finished, better fitted parts, etc so they lasted longer and functioned more reliably. Some of the italian guild shotgun companies also have similar. No idea if thats still done by those companies or others. Cz at least has gained a quite good following for rimfire rifles and a few pistols here, so they seem to have cleaned things up a bunch.

Last edited: