Cabelas Bargain Cave

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
Our local store has went to pot as well. We supposedly had one of the best in store bargain caves as well. That's went to absolutely nothing. Big ole pile of useless broken shit. We have a bass pro and cabelas within ten or so miles. I'll probably be getting rid of my club membership as well.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Dead Coyote

Lil-Rokslider
Sidney where Cabelas started, was starting to become a Ghost town, since the buy out. Some employees have started a new business with one of their first employees last name. "Highby"
He started with them back in the early 70's when Herters was going belly up.

tracker12

WKR
I moved on from both Cabelas and Bass Pro years ago. Way better options out there.

Thank God we still have Scheels, Fleet Farm, and a local shop in my town. Cabelas will be gone in the next decade, turning into Gander Mtn.

I have actually been supporting more of the online guys like Blackovis and S&S. Better prices and free shipping anyways.

I agree with this. Scheels is now my go to. Found a good person to deal with and they will price match almost any place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y2JJ

FNG
Cabelas is definitely failing and unfortunately for everyone that shops at my location, the customer service of 95% of the employees is piss poor.

Sidney where Cabelas started, was starting to become a Ghost town, since the buy out. Some employees have started a new business with one of their first employees last name. "Highby"
He started with them back in the early 70's when Herters was going belly up.

Just checked them out. Glad to see someone has those old cabelas folks working. They only have a few items now but looks like it could be a good option. Thanks for sharing.

i have been in a few cabelas stores lately and frankly they just suck. its amazing how much empty space there is now too. they are just really bad, the gear tends to be walmart quality now. the big draw for me used to be that they carried long sizes in much of their clothing. I dont think that will be enough to keep me as a customer. and yah the new credit card even sucks.

LaGriz

WKR
My beef with them is they chose to replace my 20 + year old Cabelas Via account with a lame CC deal. I could get better points (2X or 3X depending on the item) if I picked up a similar card out of the clear blue? No customer loyalty even considered in the equation. I cashed in my points and have moved on. I find I'm purchasing more gear direct from folks like; Seek Outside, First Light, Nosler, and other firms anyway. Had to look hard to find any items worthy of my remaining points. I will miss the Microtech and Woolmate clothing lines. Also have some 10 year old rain gear that still fills a need. When I first shopped at Cabelas the quality of the gear was a huge improvement over what was previously being used. The gear I purchased has held up well for the most part and has allowed me to log some memorable hunts in relative comfort. My Alakank tent, Zodi shower, and camp kitchen gear has been very reliable. The ultra-lite options are somewhat limited. Have found good deals on optics but have never bought a firearm from either store. I was very impressed by the customer service in the beginning. I too did not like paying sales tax because they constructed a store nearly 3 hours away from my home.
LaGriz

I have a cabelas card and will be shredding it soon. Poor selection at my local store, higher prices than mom and pop gun shop and people that have no idea what they’re taking about and don’t want to help. I’m done.
I ditched mine some months ago. They do not like to take NO for an answer. Screw Bass Pro, they suck.

MT257

WKR
I won't be doing much with Cabelas after finding out they cut most of the the Meindl footwear line. The card wont be used much either, like stated above there isn't much in there worth buying anymore.

EDW

FNG
I have always thought that Bass Pro was the bargain basement when compared to Cabela's. I fear that they will both occupy that position in the future.

I trusted Cabelas for a long time to produce good quality gear and to stock things that actually work instead of cheap chinese plastic crap. When the Bass Pro sale came around, I remember telling my wife "there goes Cabelas" - the employees at our Cabelas hate it too. Several of them have told me that in whispered tones when I was in the store. What a sad, sad ending to such a great brand.

OP
O

Ogrenerd

Lil-Rokslider
Johnny Morris has all the good cabelas returns come to bass pro distribution center in Springfield MO ,his home town and mine. Outlet store here has been very good to us. Redhead stuff does not compare to cables.
Obviously like many here, I've gotten the run around from them. One guy told me that all the returns were supposed to go to that location. Does this Johnny Morris actually have an inside line to some returns?

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
Cabelas has gone down hill. They used to have some quality stuff. I have a pair of microtex pants that have probably seen a couple thousand miles and 10 years of hunting. And an Alaskan extreme pack frame that has packed countless elk out and for just packing meat I have not found anything more comfortable... but I feel like all their good products have been discontinued. I don’t think there return policy is anywhere near the same either. Not sure what I’ll do when I need more camo I hate spending $200 on a pair of pant...

Crippledsledge64

Lil-Rokslider
I've given Cabelas several shots over the years and they never fail to disappoint, bargain cave included. Employees at my local store only help the older customers with money and I've had several straight up ignore me even when calling out to them. The guys at the gun counter are the worst IMO. Rather pay more at a mom and pop shop nearby or shop online than set foot in their stores again, even if the bargain cave wasn't an in store landfill.

I am completely over cabelas. Every add I get is more fishing and cheap redhead crap. I do a lot of kayak fishing so I get some stuff there but not enough to keep my card. My wife and I cut ties with them and have now moved on.

SWOHTR

WKR
Dad used to deal Tracker boats and never thought too highly of Johnny Morris.

Was in a cabelas two months ago and wasn’t impressed. Can’t get onboard with the red head clothing.