Cabelas Bargain Cave

Ogrenerd

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All,

So I am just looking for some info or advice. I was a dedicated fan of the bargain cave for years. Also a cabelas club card member. The whole bass pro thing sucks I know. I'm ready to retire my club card. But before I do I have a decent amount of club bucks and wanted to try and get into a nice spotting scope before I "move on". Is there anyone out there that has been able to order from one of the few bargain caves remaining and have them ship? I keep getting the excuse that they wont take a credit card over the phone. Sorry, not sure why they wont do that when they are more than willing to accept my credit card over the phone for anything else in the store or catalog including the gun library.?
Any info appreciated.

They were "renovating" the Bargain Cave at my local store (Gonzales, La). Not sure what that means, but all of the broken junk that was there was moved to unknown location. It was bewildering when I used to walk through it, and they had trail cams that were marked "Broken- Does not work- No returns", and it was only discounted $10 cheaper than the new ones??? Who would buy that? I never saw anything in the "Bargain Cave" that I thought was a good deal. Maybe the online Bargain Cave had better deals.

Bowhuntone

Lil-Rokslider
I miss mine I got some really good optics deals. Got to know the local bargain cave manager after a few haggling sessions. Got several high end optics at almost half off new. But its gone now.

geebee

Lil-Rokslider
Similar experience here, bargain cave has turned to shit. Used to be able to haggle a bit and deals were to be had but definitely not the case now.

Rich M

WKR
Cabelas was my favorite - I mean would you rather have a Cabelas brand item or Redhead brand? Cabelas had a reputation for quality. Bass pro will kill them off slowly - best way to beat your competition is to buy em out...

Titan

WKR
I think a lot of stores turned their bargain caves into regular merchandise areas. I used to hit the online bargain cave pretty hard, but now its the same old junk that is actually backordered anyway. It sits around for month or so then gets cancelled.

Gift card deals are gone as well. Best option through Cabelas is a sale and then use active junky for the cash back.

tdhanses

WKR
I don’t buy anything there unless it is on a steep discount, last purchase there in 3 years was their universal atv snow plow for $149, worth that price for sure.

I’m just not a fan of the big box stores and paying full price so they can have a fancy taxidermy display.

I spend my money with the smaller online shops, better deals usually anyway.

I have a cabelas card and will be shredding it soon. Poor selection at my local store, higher prices than mom and pop gun shop and people that have no idea what they’re taking about and don’t want to help. I’m done.

I have been a Cabelas Club Card member for as long as I can remember ; not only has their merchandise turned to garbage so has the ability to easily log into your account. I too will be shredding my card soon - walk into their stores now and they are filled with cheap China Redhead crap! Within 5 years I predict stores starting to close throughout the country.

blackdawg

WKR
When they started taxing me on orders, even though they don’t have a store in my state, but bass pro does,,,I cut the card and haven’t ordered since. Some real corporate dipshits at bass pro have ruined what was once a great store for the hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR
Cabela's sucks now. Between taxing my internet orders because they decided to build a shitty store in my state, the buyout, and replacing with redhead junk. I shredded my Cabela's card I've had for years. They didn't care when I called to close my account....piss on them.

Bulldawg

WKR
This isn't Cabela's doing that, its a new federal regulation. States can require online retailers to pay state tax on items sold to people in the state even without a physical presence in the state.

When they started taxing me on orders, even though they don’t have a store in my state, but bass pro does,,,I cut the card and haven’t ordered since. Some real corporate dipshits at bass pro have ruined what was once a great store for the hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gutshotem

WKR
Cashed out all my points for a fieldcraft a couple months ago. Shame, because I've spent a ton of money in the online cave and also scored some good optic deals in the store cave.