calculate total height from receiver to scope center?

raisins

FNG
All,

Just got off the phone with Leupold tech support. This guy sucked (smart aleck) and I'm surprised their website contains such little technical information. Yeah, I'm about to drop a few hundred bucks on your products....I want to be able to tell if it will work prior to ordering.

So, let's say I put this

on a rifle's receiver and then put these on it

What is the total height from the rifle's receiver top to middle of the scope?

The Leupold guy said the total height of the rail was 0.363 inches (he didn't know the height to the bottom of the slots).

If you just add them then it is 0.363" + 0.9" for 1.263" from receive to middle of scope rings.

But is that what the 0.9" means? does it mean the bottom of that ring to center of scope or does it include the little clamps?

You wouldn't know it from Leupold's website because they act like they are paying by the word.

Thanks - R

Get a micrometer from amazon and get a true measurement. Lot of you tube videos on how to measure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
What is the size (outside diameter) of the objective end of the scope you are mounting?

OP
R

raisins

FNG
Neither are their scopes.

Was that supposed to be funny? Do you walk up to people that just bought a new truck and talk smack?

Just know that you come off bad here and that you aren’t funny…..true wit requires high intelligence….world would be a better place if people didn’t take their own issues out on others and if people that aren’t funny or cool wouldn’t try so hard

atmat

WKR
Was that supposed to be funny? Do you walk up to people that just bought a new truck and talk smack?

Just know that you come off bad here and that you aren’t funny…..true wit requires high intelligence….world would be a better place if people didn’t take their own issues out on others and if people that aren’t funny or cool wouldn’t try so hard
It wasn’t meant to be funny. They make terrible scopes. It’s discussed all the time here.

I think you’re reading to much into my comment given the personal swipes at my character/intelligence.

Also, any reason your wrote the comment, then deleted, then reposted a slightly different insult?

Edit: Also, if this is indeed for a Tikka, I’d look at the UM or SM rings. They use the integral rail so they save you mounting height, and they’re robust as heck.

cmahoney

WKR

I thought it was funny, but I’ll admit, I have a low IQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

raisins

FNG
It wasn’t meant to be funny. They make terrible scopes. It’s discussed all the time here.

I think you’re reading to much into my comment given the personal swipes at my character/intelligence.

Also, any reason your wrote the comment, then deleted, then reposted a slightly different insult?

Edit: Also, if this is indeed for a Tikka, I’d look at the UM or SM rings. They use the integral rail so they save you mounting height, and they’re robust as heck.

You have to ask why someone would write a harsher comment, think better of it, and then quickly edit it to tone it down?

Is that supposed to be a gotcha?

Last edited: