Camp shower ideas

Titan_Bow

WKR
I bought a 2 gallon sprayer from Home Depot, cut the original sprayer off and added in a garden hose sprayer attachment. I sanded the thing down lightly and painted it flat black. If I leave it out in the sun all day it makes for a hot shower on the evening. I can also just heat up water on my stove if I need it quicker than that. Also makes for cleaning dishes or washing hands at camp a lot easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious what you guys use for “camp shower” gonna live out of my truck this elk season and I was considering just taking a propane Turkey cooker and getting a battery powered pump/shower head so I just heat some water - drop the pump in and clean up. Taking a 15 lb tank and a soup pot isn’t the most convenient.

Used one of those “solar” hanging types last year and it was a piece of —— and September days aren’t warm enough to get that thing even remotely warm.

Curious to see what others are using or dojng? Not looking for a whole shower house - just a quick way to clean up every few days.
I take bucket baths each day and wash my undershirt in the process.

I have a collapsable bucket that takes up practically no space. I pop it up, heat up about 16 oz of water on my camp stove and mix that with some cold water and soap. I dunk my shirt in and use it as a wrag to wash my hair and upper body, then I wash and rinse out the shirt, wring it out and hang it up to dry. The lower bits and pieces get a "bath" with scentless wet wipes, and I'm good to go for another day.

Doing this, I have gotten comfortably through 14 days in camp, sometimes using only 2 or 3 undershirts. The final day in camp after I'm packed and loaded, I'll do the same but will wash my whole self using my last undershirt as a wrag. Sure feels good to go into town from a long camp smelling halfway decent and not sticking to my seat.

These "bucket baths" usually take less than 1/2 gallon of water total, so a 6-gallon tote is plenty for me for two weeks, just for bathing.

*zap*

WKR

We have a makeshift shower for our camp. Used a camper/rv waterpump connected to a 12 volt battery, outlet hose has a shower head on it, and for a reservoir tank we used a rubbermaid type storage container that holds about 15 gallons of water. The recipe for a perfect temperature "hot" shower is one turkey cooker pot full of boiling water mixed with one turkey cooker pot of October cold river water. A person can take a solid 10 minute shower without running out of water and at the same time the next person is boiling the next pot of water. Works great.

sasquatch

WKR
Just get the zodi camp shower. Love mine and use the hell out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KBC

WKR
I have a propane instant hot water heater from amazon and a cheap 12V pump. I mounted it on a dolly so you can put a 20 lb propane tank on the base and wheel it around. I actually made this for the "cabin". Since we have electricity there I also mounted a converter so I can plug in to 120V as well as a 12V plug in your truck. I used a couple feet of copper pipe for the suck line so as long as you have something to did it in, you can have a shower. I can take a few pics if anyone is actually interested.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
I use a 1litre water bottle with a simple shower attachment on the end. Heat up 1/3 of the bottle to boiling temps and the remaining 2/3 cool water, comes out nicely hot. Then do the marine shower, get wet, lather up then rinse with the remainder of the bottle. WOrks great, unless you want a nice long shower, then you need something different.

OP
satchamo

satchamo

WKR
Just get the zodi camp shower. Love mine and use the hell out of it

I looked at these and love the idea but can’t seem to hardly find them for sale and their website won’t even let me checkout. Is purchasing direct the only option?

WCB

WKR
Whore Bath...bucket of water and a rag for most stuff. If I'm somewhere for a week or longer (or is stupid hot) just jump in the creek or lake if one is around.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet - I didn't read all the replies. My father just build an outdoor shower using a small 12V water pump (same model as an ATV sprayer) and we run it off the 12V in the truck. He didn't need to warm up water on this trip since it was pretty hot, but we do plan to use a Turkey Fryer.

Make sure to shut the fryer off before you start, otherwise the water will start heating up faster and faster the more water you use :)

sasquatch

WKR
I looked at these and love the idea but can’t seem to hardly find them for sale and their website won’t even let me checkout. Is purchasing direct the only option?

Hm idk I think I bought mine direct from them. I’d have to look around.

Try calling them, I’ve had to call them before because I burned one up accidentally running it dry and needed replacement parts

Also, the cigarette lighter plug pump is an upgrade worth getting if going to have vehicle or generator power

rodney482

WKR
Water bladder tied up in tree

1/2 cold water
1/2 boiled

Get enough moister on me to soap up.. then rinse off with bladder water