Can you change your username??

KBC

WKR
You are correct. And if Jesus had been crucified on the cross and buried, and that was the end of it.......then a lot of folks here would be correct. There would be no resurrection, there would be no afterlife, there would be no saviour, and there would be no hope, and we would all be living a meaningless life for several decades and then it would be over.

This is where people will start to get angry. Because I don't believe my life is meaningless?

GLB

WKR
The resurrection is the foundation of the Christian faith, without that and God’s promises we as believers would not have the hope and peace that we have. The Bible as God’s word has continued to prove true. The book of Isaiah CH: 53, prophecies Jesus, His birth, ministry, crucifixion and resurrection hundreds of years prior to His time on earth. How could they possibly get that right if it were not true ??

This is where people will start to get angry. Because I don't believe my life is meaningless?

Oh people have been angry several pages back.
You can see it in their sarcasm, rudeness and mocking.
They have just been keeping it some what calm, cause they know the moderators are watching, and for the most part, hunters from this site, share a bond that is pretty deep, when compared to other activities in this nation that tend to bring folks together. .

If this were on most any other site, especially face book, chances are high, friends list statuses would've already ensued, even if they were family and comments would've turned much nastier long ago.
lol.

The resurrection is the foundation of the Christian faith, without that and God’s promises we as believers would not have the hope and peace that we have. The Bible as God’s word has continued to prove true. The book of Isaiah CH: 53, prophecies Jesus, His birth, ministry, crucifixion and resurrection hundreds of years prior to His time on earth. How could they possibly get that right if it were not true ??

Another great OT book and chapter that does this is:
Ps 22, as it records King David's writings which are identical things Jesus said while on the cross.
Incredible to say the least.

Buckman

WKR
Simple man here.
Have not read the Good Book.
Was raised Catholic.
After my divorce and my world was falling apart, the only peace i found was on Sunday morning at church. Never spoke to priest but his tone in which he spoke was so soothing.
When my mother was dying and i would pray at night it was the only way i could fall asleep.
I have no doubt that God does exists.
If HE came back to this earth to save us, could or would i follow him? This i don't know. I am a sinner after all.

jmden

WKR
We're all sinners. I'm just a sinner saved by the grace of God. I still sin and need to daily confess my sin and ask forgiveness from God. It's not easy. That doesn't come natural. It's 'natural' to rebel against God and to sin. That's very EASY as we all know.

Sin is cosmic treason against an infinitely holy and just God. That's a problem we all have. The penalty for sin, treason, is death. Genesis 3 tells how sin (rebellion against God) first got it's hold on this universe and the havoc it has wrecked since. the sin that Adam and Eve committed stained this entire world and has grown with the sins of each of us since. This is where physical death and spiritual death (seperation from God) came from. Before this, Adam and Eve lived in a perfect world with a perfect relationship with God. One sin ruined all that. God is holy and does not tolerate sin...at all. But in his grace, the story of the cross tells of God's way to reconcile us so that we can have a relationship with Him and be saved from the just consequences of His wrath. We are not spared physical death in the world, but are spared spiritual death, seperation from God, and are reunited with God at our physical death and then have that perfect relationship with Him at that point.

Christ paid for the just consequences of my sin on the cross where God put all his holy and just wrath on Jesus Christ, his Son, for the sins of those who turn to Him, so they can be spared what they deserve. What I deserve! What love! What an inexpressible gift! Accept it and His love for the lost expressed in that act of sacrifice on the cross, what is perhaps the most derisive and brutal way the Romans ever invented to punish someone, an absolutely brutal practice that there are not really words for, taking the due punishment for the sins of those who turn to Him so they spared and can live! He suffered and died for you! For me!

He did that on purpose; that was His plan all along...to die for the sins of the world and take the just wrath of God the Father upon himself to spare us that accept Him and come to know him and love him and submit wholeheartedly to an infinitely powerful, loving God. He is the gift, and all of us, whether we are willing to admit it or not, have a God sized hole in our hearts that can only be filled by Him. NOTHING ELSE SATISFIES or can satisfy but God and God alone. Let him love you and save you. Let him be Lord of your life. His resurrection on the third day shows His absolute power over sin and death, the eyewitness acounts of this alone establish this as truth.

The massive changes in the lives of those who come to know Christ is further proof. There's a movie in the theaters right now called I Can Only Imagine. Trailer: I Can Only Imagine Trailer #1 (2018) | Movieclips Indie - YouTube Go see it. It's about the change in the life of a father of a well known member of a Christian band, Mercy Me. His Dad (played by Dennis Quaid) was a horrible father, to put it mildly, and his son wanted nothing to do with him at some point. The father was diagnosed with cancer, and through God's grace came to the Lord. See the movie to know what happens...it's amazing.

There is so much proof! This thread has just mentioned a drop in a 5 gallon bucket of the truth of the claims of the Bible as God's Word! Not to mention what happens in your own heart when you believe God's Word and are saved.

Bear_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
When I see a thread I wouldn’t normally open go nearly 150 posts in a week, I like to read the first post, then the verry last to see how far it’s derailed. Didn’t expect this!

That’s all, carry on 😁

Wow.....I found this thread to see if I could change my username, but found much more than that. Good for all of you for staying semi-civil through this!

Bbell12

WKR
I was just curious about changing user names......what the hell took place here?? No I'm not reading thru it to find out.

A civil debate on the existence of God vs atheistic evolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk