I Phone / G Mail Help

packer58

WKR
Ok, a week or so ago my I Phone stopped receiving all emails on my gmail account. I got a message that reads ( there was a problem accessing your account. Please re-enter the password for my gmail email name). I tap on re-enter password and it takes me to another page that says "sign in to continue to IOS" ....... my gmail address is already in the address box, i tap on next.

So, then it takes me to a page that asks for my password and i enter it. It also says ( To continue,Google will share your name,email addresses, language preference and profile picture with IOS. Before using this app, you can review IOS's privacy policy.

I tap on the "done" button and then the "next" button, it then takes me to the page that says ( Sign in to IOS, by continuing, Google will share your name,email address,language preference, and profile picture with IOS. See IOS's privacy policy. At this point i have a choice to tap "cancel" or "continue". I tap on continue. Here's where it gets spooky for me and not sure this is just the way it is.

This page says, ( IOS wants to access your account @ "my email address")

This will allow IOS to:
Read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from gmail.
See, edit, download, and permanently delete your accounts.
See, edit,share, and permanently delete all the calendars you can access using Google calendar.

Below that it reads:
Make sure you trust IOS, you may be sharing sensitive info with this site or app. Learn more about how IOS will handle your data by reviewing its terms of service.

At this point it gives me a choice to tap on "cancel" or "continue"....... this is as far as iv'e gotten, tapping the continue button scares me a bit based on the last couple paragraphs.

I'll add, the only emails iv'e gotten since 2/24/24 were from apple on my icloud account, nothing on my gmail account.

Need some tech support on this one,

Thanks guys ....

Wheels

WKR
Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it? I had a similar problem and that worked for me.

dog

Lil-Rokslider
I just switched to proton mail from gmail trying to get more privacy. So far so good. (Since you’re having issues might be a good time to upgrade)

TaperPin

WKR
Ok, a week or so ago my I Phone stopped receiving all emails on my gmail account. I got a message that reads ( there was a problem accessing your account. Please re-enter the password for my gmail email name). I tap on re-enter password and it takes me to another page that says "sign in to continue to IOS" ....... my gmail address is already in the address box, i tap on next.

So, then it takes me to a page that asks for my password and i enter it. It also says ( To continue,Google will share your name,email addresses, language preference and profile picture with IOS. Before using this app, you can review IOS's privacy policy.

I tap on the "done" button and then the "next" button, it then takes me to the page that says ( Sign in to IOS, by continuing, Google will share your name,email address,language preference, and profile picture with IOS. See IOS's privacy policy. At this point i have a choice to tap "cancel" or "continue". I tap on continue. Here's where it gets spooky for me and not sure this is just the way it is.

This page says, ( IOS wants to access your account @ "my email address")

This will allow IOS to:
Read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from gmail.
See, edit, download, and permanently delete your accounts.
See, edit,share, and permanently delete all the calendars you can access using Google calendar.

Below that it reads:
Make sure you trust IOS, you may be sharing sensitive info with this site or app. Learn more about how IOS will handle your data by reviewing its terms of service.

At this point it gives me a choice to tap on "cancel" or "continue"....... this is as far as iv'e gotten, tapping the continue button scares me a bit based on the last couple paragraphs.

I'll add, the only emails iv'e gotten since 2/24/24 were from apple on my icloud account, nothing on my gmail account.

Need some tech support on this one,

Thanks guys ....
I’m not a phone wiz, but about 6 months ago I gave up trying to use a gmail account on the iPhone, and switched to an outlook email and haven’t had problems since.

I can't speak to why it suddenly stopped working. I believe that's message telling you to agree/not agree with giving IOS(your i-phone) the ability to access your gmail. Without doing so the stock mail app on your iphone won't work with your gmail account. Your other option is to download the gmail app. Do your research as to which one tracks you less and make your pick.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
I am having similar problems with Outlook and I was thinking of switching to using my gmail account as my primary email because my old .msn account on both my iphone 11 and macbook pro keep telling me to enter my password. If I keep canceling it I eventually get my email. It's like it can't see the account then it sees it. I tried deleting the account and bringing it back up but it only last for a day or so then does it again. Must be a iphone software issue. MSN accounts are now outlook accounts if I remember correctly. What other email accounts besides gmail and outlook work on iphone and are more secure that someone may be using?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you trying to sign in via the native iOS email app or with the gmail app?

OP
P

packer58

WKR
Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it? I had a similar problem and that worked for me.
^^^^ This what I ended up doing and all is well now, one of my pals daughter is pretty wizzy with these damn phones and talked me through it.

Thanks to all that replied ........