Canol Outfitters

TNsavageman

Lil-Rokslider
I just saw on instagram that Canol Outfitters has sold and that is now Keele River Outfitters. Does anybody know the story on that?
Thanks

MaybelNellie

FNG
Classified Approved
Anyone booked with Canol for the coming year or the near future? Interested to know thoughts or conversations may have had with Landen. I am/was booked for 2024.

I am in the same boat, booked with them for a 2024 hunt with Canol. Any information anyone can share on the new owners would be appreciated.

outahand

FNG
The simpsons use to own and run it, i think they will manage it well, they have had a good track record in the past , and are familiar with all the ram spots, feel bad for Glenda who was running it ,i would think she got a raw deal.

I was told that everyone that had a spot with Canol will get their deposit back. Then if you want to keep the spot you had booked you will need to rebook with the new owners. It will be 25% more than what was booked with Canol for 2024. For 2025 the prices will go up another almost 20% on top of the 25% for the coming year. Very poor communication and a take it or leave it attitude.

outahand

FNG
I was told that everyone that had a spot with Canol will get their deposit back. Then if you want to keep the spot you had booked you will need to rebook with the new owners. It will be 25% more than what was booked with Canol for 2024. For 2025 the prices will go up another almost 20% on top of the 25% for the coming year. Very poor communication and a take it or leave it attitude.
If that is the case, that is piss poor buisiness on their behalf, should honor the price at which the hunt had been booked, i really dislike that crap, i heard the purchase price was ridiculous

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
They were already 40kish, if Montana to Alaskas numbers are correct, you're looking at 60k dall sheep hunts. Where's the breaking point guys?

Murphy

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure where others breaking point is but it's now past mine. I was fortunate to do 2 dall sheep hunts. A successful Canadian and unsuccessful alaska hunt. I worked a ton of overtime and found outfitters that really worked with me to send them payments over a couple of years. So I suppose realistically I never could afford them anyways. I feel sad for the younger generation because it's definitely a rich man's game from here on out.

schmalzy

WKR

Extremely disheartening if this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
My observation is that supply is dwindling and demand is climbing. There are so many folks with the funds out there that it's likely to not change in the foreseeable future. Just look at how many pay $100k plus just to try and hike/climb a mountain (Everest). Sheep Show attendance/interest is higher than it's ever been.

heard
Extremely disheartening if this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heard of another outfit in Yukon who did same thing when it purchased its concession, wiped all future booked hunts clean and offered them to rebook at higher rate