Can’t purchase Montana preference points?

TheCougar

WKR
NR, went into this draw with one point. They said I didn’t apply for a point when I applied. I was unsuccessful in drawing a combo tag. I still have my one point. I want to buy another point, and the window is supposed to be open as of 1 July, but it doesn’t show anywhere - only bonus points show up. Any ideas?

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
If you applied for the draw you can't purchase a point during this time.

From the Montana FWP site:
  • Those who do not apply for a combination license may purchase one preference point for $100 over the counter from July 1 through December 31.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
If you applied for the draw you can't purchase a point during this time.

From the Montana FWP site:
  • Those who do not apply for a combination license may purchase one preference point for $100 over the counter from July 1 through December 31.
Okay, so its either apply and get a point or don’t apply and get a point, but you can’t apply and then get a point later. Make total sense…eye roll.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
it actually does make sense, cant buy 2 points in one year, lke u cant apply and not get drawn and be awarded a point, then go an buy a point the same year.

well unless your using an outfitter then you can spend all you want i reckon lol

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
it actually does make sense, cant buy 2 points in one year, lke u cant apply and not get drawn and be awarded a point, then go an buy a point the same year.

well unless your using an outfitter then you can spend all you want i reckon lol
I this case, I get zero points. I applied without getting a point. I was unsuccessful. I can’t buy a point now. I started at one, and I ended at one.

I this case, I get zero points. I applied without getting a point. I was unsuccessful. I can’t buy a point now. I started at one, and I ended at one.

Should have bought a point when you applied. I’m pretty sure you won’t have your current point next year. Your points aren’t applied in the draw either unless you buy the point when applying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Should have bought a point when you applied. I’m pretty sure you won’t have your current point next year. Your points aren’t applied in the draw either unless you buy the point when applying

Well, it’s actually better to have zero than 1, soooooo

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
I've been out of the Montana game since the change but I believe you'll retain your 1 point since you applied.

fatlander

WKR
They did that so it would force folks into buying points. Applying with zero has its perks but you’ve got the other side of the coin of not having any points. Basically it forces people it going to no man’s land for at least a year or being at the mercy of random forever.