Caping knife?

Surgical scalpel and extra blades. Used to help at a buddy’s processing shop caping heads. Most I did one night was 23 in 5 hrs.

Tagging onto this thread - what is the best place to find a sheath for a fixed blade caping knife if it did not come with one? I have a caping knife from outdoor edge that I like but it did not come with a sheath

Tagging onto this thread - what is the best place to find a sheath for a fixed blade caping knife if it did not come with one? I have a caping knife from outdoor edge that I like but it did not come with a sheath
I won the Outdoor Edge set with the saw, skinning knife and caper that came in the all in one leather sheath. I contacted Outdoor Edge and was able to purchase the correct individual nylon sheaths for a very reasonable price.

Yes, Havalon and the round 70A blade.

If saving the cape, I start at lips/nose and peel/free back as far as possible, then do the Y cut. The scary sharp scalpel blades do make it easier to accidentally cut hairs. Good luck.

1682561624280.png

My favourite.. custom unit but I also second the havalons.

GuTdwG7.jpg

Are you trying to keep the cape for taxidermy? If so a havalon style will be your best bet. All the delicate work around the mouth eyes and ears is hard to do with a bigger blade

Back