Cat Recipes?

Bead

FNG
Looking for more ways to eat a Cat other than burger. Anyone have some suggestions or tried and true recipes?

MThuntr

WKR
Breakfast sausage was the last lion I had. Was pretty good but a bit on the lean side

OP
Bead

Bead

FNG
I’ve had lion like pulled pork and the back straps like a pork chop.
I like the pulled pork idea, I tried some blackstrap and it was really lean and almost rubbery. May have been the way I cooked it that made it turn out that way.

We treat lion and bobcat like pork. It's very lean and white meat. Find a pork stir fry recipe you like and substitute the cat for pork. Also good in pork stew or green chili. Just remember to always cook it thoroughly as cats can carry trichinosis.

OpenCountry

Lil-Rokslider
Cube up the back straps (1/2”x1”ish). Throw them in a bowl with flour, Johnny seasoning and whatever additional seasoning you want. Fry it for a few mins on each side in a pan with about a 1/2” Worcestershire sauce and oil.

Looking for more ways to eat a Cat other than burger. Anyone have some suggestions or tried and true recipes?
Stir fry, fajitas, kabobs, I've done pulled pork style bbq with a roast. It's all pretty good and it takes on flavor well just remember that it's lean don't overcook it to much but make sure it gets done through.

You must stop immediately! I have been informed by various wildlife experts, including members of the highly acclaimed CPW Commission that mountain lion hunters do not eat the meat and it is not safe. Hence the designation “trophy hunters”.

Sarcasm.

OP
Bead

Bead

FNG
Thanks for all the input, Chinese restaurants wouldn’t say how they cook cats so this was a great alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceman82

FNG
Cook it in a big pot with lots of vegetables, add a piece of walnut wood. After the cat is done, throw it away and eat the chuck of walnut.

We just substitute it in pork recipes and never had a problem. It's just like cooking wild pork but a bit leaner.