Central Idaho

Bowtech1

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Roksliders! A Montana resident here planning a 2020 Mule deer hunt. A little background on myself, I live in northwest Montana and hunt the high country areas near Glacier National park. Steep rugged country with a lot of thick vegetation and low deer densities. I am also geared for extended backcountry hunts. I am looking to expand to other states in the future to continue doing what I love, so far have settled on central Idaho for my next adventure. I have spent a lot of time on the Idaho hunt planner along with some gohunt searching and have it narrowed down to 4 units or so that I would like to focus on. I will be making a couple trips to scout this summer but thought I would maybe get some more insight to narrow my focus a little more. I am aware the wolves are abundant in these areas and that recent winters have been rough. I won’t list the units I am looking at on here but if there is anyone familiar with some central Idaho area and is willing to chat with me it would be greatly appreciated. Willing to trade Montana info if that helps. Thank you!

W1bowo

Lil-Rokslider
Try @idahohikker - he’s a great resource in central Idaho if you’re willing to return a favor. Part of a very useful group you’ll meet here.
+1
g.png

Idahohillboy

Lil-Rokslider
Look at the Sun Valley/Stanley/Challis areas.
Lets try to leave specifics to DMs guys these places are already low on deer. I hunted 30 days in this area with my rifle rlk tag and durring archery and saw 3 shooter bucks. It is verry low on deer. No need to blast out locations on a sight that gets this much traffic.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Biggest muley I ever saw was east of Landmark...but he was probably the only one there..:p

Shoot me a DM...I may be able to help with some general info. I live in Salmon, ID.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk