Cimarron/Hot tent questions

"
I also have a DST...seems like the Cimarron and the DST would be a good combo. Was just looking for a 1P hot tent setup and might not be beneficial to own a Silver Tip AND a Cimarron."

You can set a stove up just outside the open end of the DST and catch a surprising amount of heat from it when you pitch similar to a Super Tarp

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only thing about the lite outdoors I don’t like is the flimsy containers. I found this little option for all but the rods and stove body and I can place my cut proof gloves and fire starter and misc in it. Simply goes in my pack and the other goes in one of side lateral pockets on my pack.2741AF33-0AC9-49D5-9CF6-E314D36C31BF.jpeg

slick

WKR
I have been trying to find pictures/videos of how guys are packing the stoves/pipe/tarp into their packs. Does anyone have any pics showing the entirety of the stove/tent combo packed in their bag? I do mostly solo hunting and have been wanting to go the Cimarron route, but wanted to do a little more research before pulling the trigger.

Same as above. Throw tipi in the bottom of the pack, I have a BPWD Luna 6, so it’s slightly bigger then a Cimarron. Similar in size to my EE 0 degree quilt. I stick stove body/rings,etc in the very top of my pack, and I shimmy the stove body/pipe down one of the sides within the pack.

Gotta admit. That question gave me a chuckle.

i loved my supertarp but as i got older, i mean ,more mature,i got tired of crawling around the tarp and got the cimarron,think i sold it here as a matter of fact,
just something to consider

Same as above. Throw tipi in the bottom of the pack, I have a BPWD Luna 6, so it’s slightly bigger then a Cimarron. Similar in size to my EE 0 degree quilt. I stick stove body/rings,etc in the very top of my pack, and I shimmy the stove body/pipe down one of the sides within the pack.

Gotta admit. That question gave me a chuckle.

No issues with stove pipe cutting/getting caught on stuff?

slick

WKR
No issues with stove pipe cutting/getting caught on stuff?

Nope. I just wrap it up in the provided sheet. Roll it up, secure velcro and stuff excess fabric down around the pipe so no edges are exposed.

The tension rods do stick out an inch or so, but haven’t had any problems with it. Just not as tidy as I would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a Sivertip AND a Cimarron, solo I use the Silvertip- two I use the Cimarron (this is with the stove)

if you know you're always going to be solo, I'd go with the Silvertip- if there is a chance there might be another get the Cimarron- the extra weight isn't that much

I don't find the setup of the Silvertip to be any more difficult than the Cimarron personally

if you purchase either shelter, do what most folks do- replace the guyout lines w/ longer ones- this gets the shelter a little higher giving you more room AND better ventilation- if it's really stormy you can always pin it down tight to the ground

in regards to a canister stove, I always bring mine with- even with the wood stove. I generally bring a smaller canister though, as I will use the wood stove sometimes to help stretch fuel