Cimmeron center pole options

TexasCub

WKR
Thank you, I was able to modify the end of one of my trekking poles so I can take out the bottom section of one and slide the other pole in tip first. Essentially doing the same as the Luxe product. I set everything up this evening and so far I’m very pleased. I’ll get pics tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your tension clamps on your trekking poles are plastic keep and eye on it. Mine was deformed on day 2 to where I thought it was going to break it. I’m talking about if you removed the bottom extension and stabbed that hole with the other poles tip, if that’s the mod you did then keep an eye on it.

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
So here’s what I did. I modified the tip of pole one so that if I removed the bottom section of pole two it would fit inside the second section if pole two. From there I have 5 section pole. So far it seems great, the only weakness I see are the clamps slipping over time
. IMG_1888.JPG

IMG_1886.JPGIMG_1887.JPGIMG_1888.JPG

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
The only part I had to modify was removing the tampered shoulder above the threads. From there I was able fit it into the female section of pole 2.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For using trekking poles I would highly recommend our trekking pole hitch. It will save poles from breaking and you can use non adjusting like the BD Distance Z poles. The reason we stopped recommending other methods was due to breakage or bending of poles when weather went south.

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you, what is the pole hitch? In a perfect world if we can anticipate bad weather our plan was to cut a pole.