Clarifier/verifier legal for Colorado?

jbeikmann

FNG
Was reading the reg’s for Colorado archery. It says no scopes allowed. While adding the glass to the pin housing turn it into a scope and then become illegal?

Call the CPW Officer in the area you plan on hunting, he will give you the answer after all he would be the one to write you a ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing in the CO regs prohibits corrective eyeglasses, contact lenses, or clarifier/verifier on a peep sight. A non-electronic verifier/clarifier does not magnify nor projects a beam onto game. A verifier/clarifier is just a corrective lens like reading glasses. Thousands of CO archers use them. Gotta see 'em to shoot them!

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I asked the DOW this question some years back. At that time I was told they're legal in your peep sight, but attaching one to your pin housing would make it a scope and thereby be illegal.

kcm2

WKR
The only recommendation that legally matters is a written one. Try to get someone from CPW to email you with that opinion.

Jethro

WKR
A clarifier peep is used to clear the view when using a magnifying sight (scope). Since the scope would be illegal in CO, no reason to have a clarifier.

A verifier peep is simply an eyesight corrective lense. Legal.

A clarifier peep is used to clear the view when using a magnifying sight (scope). Since the scope would be illegal in CO, no reason to have a clarifier.

A verifier peep is simply an eyesight corrective lense. Legal.
Thanks for the clarification on this issue.

OP
J

jbeikmann

FNG
Thanks for the clarification on this issue.
Appreciate everyone’s input on this. I don’t really need or want any magnification. It all just came with a bow I bought. I will say I may need something to make the down range targets not so fuzzy. Just turned 40. They say the eyesight is the first to go!