Clothes in the Classifieds?

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
My system for my first deer hunt was a USAF N38 style parka, orange hat, cotton waffle long johns under two pair of jeans, cotton b-ball socks with k-mart snomobile boots, and generic orange mittens. And a 20ga single shot with remi slugs. I froze, saw nothing, and was hooked for life.

Shraggs

WKR
I honestly wonder if FL, Sitka, etc had a solid retail presence where hunters could try on in store ask questions before buying if the amount of used clothing for sale would be as big...

i get it, going internet based and one point of warehousing and distribution has its operational efficiencies, but over the long term, trail and error with high end stuff and then used sales cheapens brands, to me.

I’ve bought some stuff and sold some as well. Been trying new brands for fit and effectiveness. I’m really enjoying FL and KUIU. The classifieds is the easiest and cheapest means to an end. I’ve also lost quite a bit of weight and needed to see what fit before buying new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
My system for my first deer hunt was a USAF N38 style parka, orange hat, cotton waffle long johns under two pair of jeans, cotton b-ball socks with k-mart snomobile boots, and generic orange mittens. And a 20ga single shot with remi slugs. I froze, saw nothing, and was hooked for life.

Mickey Mouse boots when it was really cold.

Voyageur

WKR
What I can't believe is the asking price on some of the used clothes. If I gotta pay 80% of the new price for something used, I'm just gonna buy new!
Totally agree. While I haven’t bought much used clothing, with the little bit of used gear I’ve bought I won’t, except in the rarest of circumstances, pay over 50% of the cost new. Instead I will just shop around for a good deal on the new.

bigv

Lil-Rokslider
I agree. Some but not all prices are out of reality. If they're used the price should reflect that. Often the price is too close to original so why wouldn't you buy original? Fred Bear one our greatest hunters was asked what camo he like best and he said something to the fact of "Still still and be quiet." Our camo etc has gotten out of control.
Fred killed a lot of animals up close with wool pants, flannels and boots.

Ycc33

FNG
What line of clothing are guys liking for the whitetail world? I'm very fussy and it seems all the new and improved is very noisy.

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
I get selling clothes, the thing I dont get is the people who do the WTB and keep posting it every day. Its annoying to always see the same post wanting to buy something with 37 replies of "ttt" and "bump". I get asking if anyone has an item you need but jeez give up on it after a few times.

MCSO1357

FNG
I've got 4 pairs of boxer briefs. Size M. 2 pair black 2 pair white..ish.
Good to average condition. Used for one season.
Two pair have a couple holes from fire embers.
One pair has some pine sap around the groin area but doesn't effect function.

$25 shipped PP FF.
Still available?

Whisky

WKR
What I can't believe is the asking price on some of the used clothes. If I gotta pay 80% of the new price for something used, I'm just gonna buy new!

I recently had 15 sales transactions for crap I no longer needed. Half of those sales were clothes. 3 out of 15 people paid my asking price, and none of them were for clothing items. The worse low ballers? People buying clothes! Asking prices are a joke nowadays. The seller knows he's not going to get the asking price usually, and inflates it accordingly.

There is literally two pair of FL underwear for sale front page classifieds right now. Lol!

But he wants $50 for the pair. You buy mine and you save $35! Plus who knows if his pair even work...mine are proven to work. I’ve put hundreds of miles on mine while hunting.
I would appreciate it if you would not come into my WTS linking to someone else’s posting. That’s pretty rude man...some people in PX have no manners!

Consider yourself reported to the mods.