CO Leftover List Posted

toddb

Lil-Rokslider
It would be very interesting to see the numbers and ages now compared to years ago. Guess I am just disappointed with our local youth and their lack of ambition and drive. Can't speak for archery season as have just rifle hunted last 10 years. Our first 3 days is overrun with people , after that woods empties out. More than likely for lack of animals sighted by the mass army in the woods.

john_tn

FNG
Not 100% what you are asking, but if you're talking about the tag, look at the last letter of the hunt code. If its an "A", its an archery tag, "M" for muzzleloader and "R" for Rifle. However, there are a few "R" tags out there that are called "Seasons Choice" tags, and the legal weapon varies with the season. You can find this in the 3rd to last spot in the hunt code marked with an "S". So, it might look like "DE-093-S2R"

First letter is species, second is sex, next three are unit group, last three is season.
Thanks that cleared it up!

Huntagain

FNG
This is absolutely illegal according to the dow. They told me straight up that the person applying for the license needed to be present even if applying by phone.... This person should be prosecuted.

Also, What was the story with calling by phone? I was told by the DOW that there would be "Thousands" of people answering the phone system. Did people just get a bust signal or what?

I think you misunderstood them, the person requesting HAS to be there, with said photocopies of the individual for which the tags are for. Read the bottom of the leftovers website. Colorado Parks & Wildlife -
Leftover & OTC Licenses