CO OTC- going away?

cclj03

FNG
Talk is cheap. There's no doubt that if residents were willing to pay non-resident prices that the state would accept that and allow what ever terms were necessary to collect.

Simple fact is there's not the support to raise prices even minimally across the spectrum of resident sportsmen let alone a 10x increase. Sure you might consider it but would you really consider pushing your neighbors out by the pricing tags above what they value the experience?

Colorado's real problems begin inside the state boundaries. Pointing to a non-resident problem is simply wishing the complex problems facing Colorado could be fixed with a few less tags. You be way better served to focus on population shifts and political policy that restrict residents than lashing out at those that share your common interests.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I don’t see this as lashing out… someone has to fund conservation, and if we cut the allowable tags for non-residents, it makes sense that residents would pick up the slack.

cclj03

FNG
All this waste of energy for the opportunity at a raghorn. I mean seriously, think about it.

Agree to disagree. I love hunting and any time I can be out hunting elk I’m happy. My raghorns have kept my freezer full between higher quality hunts.

fatlander

WKR
Wouldn’t it be nice if it were that simple??

Nothing worth doing is easy.

It is simple if you really know that many guys that want to see change. It’s not easy, but it’s simple. Start organizing them and lobby. Hunters for Access is looking to stand up chapters anywhere there are guys willing to do the work.

Do the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okhotnik

WKR
It’s not just Newburg, it’s all these guys constantly pushing “content” so they can make a living off hunting.

Just remember that content isn’t free. Your the product that’s being sold - so use code “Randy” to save 20%.
monetizing public resources is just wrong

Agree to disagree. I love hunting and any time I can be out hunting elk I’m happy. My raghorns have kept my freezer full between higher quality hunts.
So do I, trust me, I have, and continue to shoot my fair share of cows and raghorns. Seriously, residents should always be taken care of, to think otherwise is simply absurd. Sadly, the CPW has already shrunk the playing field for OTC units. The writing is on the wall which way we're going good, bad or indifferent. The positive, we residents live here year around, CO is still a great place. I couldn't imagine waking up every day in more than 90 percent of the states the other direction.

fatlander

WKR
I don't see how you think those two things are linked?

More money, more involvement, more bargaining power. Complaining on the internet does nothing.

Coloradans and sportsmen across the country would all be better served to rally their inner circles and get involved. Spend more money on conservation and less on gear. Work on what you can directly affect with your efforts and dollars.

Attend wildlife meetings. Educate yourselves on the science and have informed conversations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I, and I think the vast majority of resident OTC guys I know, would happily pay 10x the current cost of an OTC tag to limit the number of nonresidents and keep the tags OTC for us.
Yep, if I lived there I would too. You guys got it bad in CO. They sold the resident out long ago.

Stalker69

WKR
Cow Elk are Mommies Too

Yea, but Colorado is pro abortion. So you could use that as an argument. Lol

FWIW, I just listened to the CBA Podcast #32 on my ruck this morning. Apparently, at least one CBA member will pitch a proposal to both reduce NR OTC licenses and increase the NR elk tag cost by $356 to make up the revenue difference.

Others may want to listen to the podcast around minute 28. I could easily have interpreted this wrong, so listen for yourself.

Last edited: