CO CPW Commision and Big Game Season Structure changes

GET ENGAGED OR ACCEPT THE CHANGE

Sportsman, if you want to take control and keep your hunting priviledges now is the time to step up. On April 5, 2024 the CPW Commission is holding a meeting based solely on the 2025-2029 Big Game Season Structure. What does this mean well heres some of the main topics or changes that are possible in the coming Season Structure. 1. Changing the structuring of the current seasons back to how they were 2015-2019 (this will go back to a 5,9,9,5 Rifle season, but also cut down the days between seasons which takes away from wildlife having a chance to rest and relax, there would be a 2 day break between 1st and 2nd, 5 days between 2nd and 3rd and 2 days between 3rd and 4th, 4th season would also end the week before Thanksgiving) 2. Keeping the archery and muzzy seasons status quo, but adding in a August 15th-sept 1st archery only deer season based solely on herd numbers. 3. OTC archery going to limited draw only for residents and non residents 4. OTC rifle remaining Status Quo, Unlimited OTC 2nd and 3rd rifle tags and still limiting either sex and antlerless elk licenses 5. Adding in an optional deer season during 1st rifle to make it so it is not elk only (Based on GMU and Herd Numbers) 6. Adding a optional second rifle pronghorn doe season (based on GMU and Herd numbers) 7. Changing the BGSS length from 5 years to another set number of years instead

With these topics you may agree with some, question others and disagree…. So heres your chance to speak up. If you don’t speak up they don’t know what you want. We want to flood this meeting with In Person Testimonies if possible or provide virtual comments online during the meeting as well here is the link and info to sign up to provide In Person or Virtual Comments https://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/Submit-Public-Comments.aspx

If you cannot attend or watch the meeting to make verbal comments you are still encouraged to email the Commission with your thoughts [email protected]

https://engagecpw.org/big-game-season-structure This is the link for more information on the BGSS, so you can look through it yourself as well.

I highly encourage you to try and speak virtually at the very least, the more people that listen to the more voice you will have. This is not only for residents either this is Non Resident, Resident, all hunters. So regardless to what side you are on you need to speak up. This will affect everyone for the next 5 years of hunting, especially if they begin limiting OTC experiences, and draw numbers. If you have questions please feel free to reach out and I will do my best to answer questions for you based on my knowledge and understanding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk