CO Unit 191...

jimmy33

WKR
Muzzy, 2nd,3rd, or 4th season? Any one have any input? Feel free to PM me. Logistically this is a great choice for me next year...just trying to figure out which season. I have a point so I can draw any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homeradam

FNG
Depends where unit go in 191. I grew up hunting that unit and go back as a non-resident every fall. Like was mentioned above, some areas are loaded with hunters but others areas you can hunt all day and not see any other orange. This is a CWD unit and the CDOW tried their best to annihilate the deer 15-20 years ago but the population has rebounded. This year I saw more bucks than I have in a long time. Keep in mind that you are also allowed to hunt units 9 and 19 along with 191. Unit 9 is mostly private but 19 has some good deer if you do your homework. Summary.... good deer population but pockets of heavy hunting pressure. I always hunt 3rd season. Depending on the year, bucks are just starting to rut or are already heavy into it.

I hunted here a few years ago for my first rifle mule deer hunt. Shoot me a PM.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

cnelk

WKR
191 used to an awesome place to hunt deer, even elk. But with the explosion of people in the Front Range, I haven’t hunted there in years.
As mentioned, years ago, the ol DOW wiped out thousands of deer due to the CWD scare tactics. They are finally on the rebound.

About 20 years ago I shot a good buck in the Cherokee Park area. But I’ve since moved on.

82CE15B7-5A3B-44E6-9ECD-B942F41D7F83.jpeg

☝ That's a nice Deer for that area. I harvested some good bucks on the Front Range in the early 2000's when I lived there. The last few times tagging along with friends on their hunts made me glad I don't live there anymore though. To the OP, I'm sure if you scout well and do your homework you can have a good hunt.

OP
jimmy33

jimmy33

WKR
Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk