Coffee Pot Road Conditions - CO

Ultraheight

Lil-Rokslider
Curious if anyone has a very fresh report on conditions on Coffee Pot Road, north of Dotsero, CO? No secrets here, it’s an hunter’s freeway

Akicita

WKR
Just got back. . . Coffee Pot Road was good to Deep Lake. West of Grizzly Jeep trail and most two tracks were muddy with some snow cover. . . hunting was good in the backcountry

20211030_120114.jpg 20211030_113031.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone's definition of good hunting may be different. Just saying...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
Members 52,000

52,000 guys, and I bet half are looking for a new spot! Plus another couple hundred thousand Google searches every year.

ColoHtr

FNG
I can confirm that once shots are fired, all elk in Colorado head here. Not worth hunting anywhere else for those looking for new spots. Remember to post your success stories next year!!!

hobbes

WKR
I probably wouldn't post that hunting was good on the internet alongside a location.

However, as far as secrets go, if whoever above takes in their 27 folks :) that'll mean there is only 2027 people hunting off Coffee Pot Rd., and most of them aren't seeing a thing. The place was a circus clear back in the early 2000s, at least in archery season. I can only imagine what it's like now.

This is one case where if someone thinks they just located a secret spot, they are in for a rude awakening. That's not to say that you might not possibly see an elk, but heck that could happen anywhere in Colorado.

Last edited:

Akicita

WKR
Beautiful looking spot!

I'm brining my crew of 27 hunters and they're all telling their friends now. See you guys there!

secrets are secrets!

Only for a short time.

There are no secrets in Colorado anymore.

Everyone's definition of good hunting may be different. Just saying...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Members 52,000

52,000 guys, and I bet half are looking for a new spot! Plus another couple hundred thousand Google searches every year.

I can confirm that once shots are fired, all elk in Colorado head here. Not worth hunting anywhere else for those looking for new spots. Remember to post your success stories next year!!!

I probably wouldn't post that hunting was good on the internet alongside a location.

However, as far as secrets go, if whoever above takes in their 27 folks :) that'll mean there is only 2027 people hunting off Coffee Pot Rd., and most of them aren't seeing a thing. The place was a circus clear back in the early 2000s, at least in archery season. I can only imagine what it's like now.

This is one case where if someone thinks they just located a secret spot, they are in for a rude awakening. That's not to say that you might not possibly see an elk, but heck that could happen anywhere in Colorado.

Sighhhh. . . . Yes - no secrets in Colorado less than 2 miles from any road. If you're pissed because I gave a road report, so be it. . . If your pissed because your a road hunter and I provided a "good" hunting report in an area that is over 350 square miles then you don't know anything about the area my family and people have hunted in for thousands of years . . . If you're tired of hunting in crowds, then get off your lazy ass - jock up a 5 to 10 day load out and work for it!!!

dbg31qe.jpg

Coffee Pot Elk.png

P.S.

The fishing was excellent in the backcountry lakes that you have to work for too.

20211030_141504.jpg

Last edited:

hobbes

WKR
Sighhhh. . . . Yes - no secrets in Colorado less than 2 miles from any road. If you're pissed because I gave a road report, so be it. . . If your pissed because your a road hunter and I provided a "good" hunting report in an area that is over 350 square miles then you don't know anything about the area my family and people have hunted in for thousands of years . . . If you're tired of hunting in crowds, then get off your lazy ass - jock up a 5 to 10 day load out and work for it!!!

View attachment 345151

View attachment 345154

P.S.

The fishing was excellent in the backcountry lakes that you have to work for too.

View attachment 345158
Man I'm not pissed about anything. I thought I was somewhat defending you. Glad you were successful.

Akicita

WKR
I was just thinking the same thing!

Petzl RAD system - used for many things not hunting related but always goes with me in the backcountry. Late in the day and alone I hung for skinning due to weather and warm ground conditions. I left him hanging over a few days to bone out, quarter and pack out. . . just my way for the conditions I was in.

View attachment 345151

View attachment 345154

P.S.

View attachment 345158
I was joking. Lame attempt and mocking all of the following comments about giving away locations. It’s kinda like saying “too secret spot, I’ve taken dozens of elk from, every year thousands are taken: Wyoming”.

hobbes

WKR
L
Petzl RAD system - used for many things not hunting related but always goes with me in the backcountry. Late in the day and alone I hung for skinning due to weather and warm ground conditions. I left him hanging over a few days to bone out, quarter and pack out. . . just my way for the conditions I was in.
Pretty slick set up.