Cold Bore Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess this was a fart in a hurricane, I think I even saw something somewhere about Robby shooting a milk jug, maybe I imagined it.

Maybe time to get the idea rolling for next year?

Kudos for getting this set up.

I agree with those saying that this isn't a great way to validate actual MER but it's not worthless either, as long as people understand that i'm happy. I've been burned by thinking i was competent at certain distances because I smacked the same steel at the same ranges a bunch prone from my shooting mat.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Kudos for getting this set up.

I agree with those saying that this isn't a great way to validate actual MER but it's not worthless either, as long as people understand that i'm happy. I've been burned by thinking i was competent at certain distances because I smacked the same steel at the same ranges a bunch prone from my shooting mat.
No different than me picking my MER with my bow and then shooting the target in my yard that I shoot every day.

If I pick 600 yards as my MER for the cold bore challenge, I'm not saying I could/would always take that shot in a hunting scenario. Some conditions in the field will shorten my MER significantly.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
sweet! curious to see if the format is something compatible with my local range facilities.
The format will require individuals to be honest and challenge themselves. We will not accept entries from people who pick 200-300 yards because that's the max at their local range.

We are getting some awesome prizes for this challenge. And it may require a significant effort by those wanting to enter.

In reality, everyone on Rokslide who hits the field this fall intending to shoot long-range should have no issue completing this challenge. They should be doing this anyway.

We plan only to require two cold bore shots instead of the five shots required for the cold bow. That means you could drive to your shooting spot on a Friday night and shoot your first shot. Spend the night and shoot your second shot on Saturday morning. That's pretty dang easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.