College Bowl games disappointment

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I understand why some plays opt-out of games, but it sure makes for poor games. Florida St. (13-1) had 11 staters either op-out or enter transfer portal and they got their asses hands to them 63-3. I feel for the seniors who played in their last game and won't be going on to the NFL. And then there are the fans who likely purchased ticket to the bowl games months before, only to see a bunch of second team players on the field. Even Georgia coach said after their ass kicking of Florida St, there needs to be changes made.

The 12 team playoff is going to be great next year.
I don’t know how you would change things. Guys going to the NFL should skip the meaningless bowls, the transfer portal is the Wild West in its current form.

They all know they need to make changes but the cat is outta the bag at this point. Need to have Power 5 commissioners get in a room with some head coaches as well and get something figured out.

Jmort1754

WKR
Well I think that personally FSU was doing it to do nothing more than prove a point. Not sure if they could have competed in the playoffs but also not sure how they got left out.

Well I think that personally FSU was doing it to do nothing more than prove a point. Not sure if they could have competed in the playoffs but also not sure how they got left out.
they had no starting qb. michigan would have done the same thing to them. i thought georgia should have been in the playoff over fsu if anything, but then you get into the is it best team or most deserving argument. college fb just sucks now in the nil era. there's only maybe 5 teams that can really win it all in its current 4 team format. 12 teams might make it a little bit better but doubt anyone beside michigan OSU and whichever top 3 teams from the SEC can win it all. college bball is awful to watch but at least theres parity and anyone can go on a run and win it all.

43 bowl games is excessive. MN gets in with 5 wins. Win six games and you get a bowl bid is insane. Think about how many conference games they likely won, typically 2-3 wins comes from playing a no name in the first couple weeks.

If a guy is getting scholarship money and NIL money, then they should be allowed to play in the bowl game. The flip side argument is the money they could possibly lose out on if injured in the bowl game. NCAA has created a dumpster fire with all this add in the teams jumping conferences.

The players get recruited to a school and don't like something and in the portal they go. Zero loyalty. I will stop now. Lots of issues to discuss here.

Jmort1754

WKR
they had no starting qb. michigan would have done the same thing to them. i thought georgia should have been in the playoff over fsu if anything, but then you get into the is it best team or most deserving argument. college fb just sucks now in the nil era. there's only maybe 5 teams that can really win it all in its current 4 team format. 12 teams might make it a little bit better but doubt anyone beside michigan OSU and whichever top 3 teams from the SEC can win it all. college bball is awful to watch but at least theres parity and anyone can go on a run and win it all.
I agree without a doubt. The NIL deal ruined college sports

fwafwow

WKR
Maybe when the schools start paying players directly, they can make a disproportional amount tied to bowl and playoff games.

It would really suck to have a career ending injury in a game that meant nothing but pride. I'm not really sure there is a fix for this problem .

NRA4LIFE

WKR
The bowls have basically become exhibition games. I thought Florida State would try to prove something. That game was a joke.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
The kids are getting 90k education for free.

Thats a weak excuse.
Its more like 125-250 depeding on school and or residency.

Tell me what the minimum pay for the NFL is and what the yearly profit of an NFL team?
Then the same exercise for a college school like Alabama.

You think 200k / 5 = 40k is pay?