College Bowl games disappointment

Loper

WKR
43 bowl games is excessive.

100% agree. I’ve never understood the point of many of the bowl games, even years ago. It’s just a money grab, it’s not for the players or teams. What’s the point if you are not playing for the national championship?

TheCougar

WKR
It’s a total disappointment. If you want to get paid to play, fine. Then play. There needs to be a fix for this, because the entire bowl season has become a joke, with the exception of the playoff games. If the players aren’t motivated or interested in playing bowl games then the fans won’t be motivated or interested to watch or attend. I’m an LSU fan and I didn’t bother to watch the game. They opt out, I do the same.

AKDoc

WKR
...and then there are some Bowl games that were a pleasure to watch and a great reminder to me why I like college sports. Rose Bowl 2024

Well I think that personally FSU was doing it to do nothing more than prove a point.
Wrong. FSU NIL brass voted not to pay the guys (Verse, Benson, Wilson, Coleman, Bell, etc) to play in the bowl, whereas ESPN helped to fund the NIL for the UGA starters to get an extra check to play. This is not hearsay. I know the people who cut the checks for both teams

T28w

WKR
FSU didn’t have a chance in that game. No matter who played.

As it was Georgia could have put 100 on them if they would have wanted.

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
Tide lost tonite, congrats to Michigan, they made the plays when they needed to. Alabama overachieved this year, after weeks 2 & 3 if you had told me that we would be SEC champs with a playoff berth I`d have told you that you were nuts!

rodney482

WKR
Nil and Portal is killing college football and once it starts effecting viewership and $$$ then it will be changed. There were 3 bowl games that mattered

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure him deciding to play had nothing to do with breaking the NCAA record for completion percentage or the Oregon records for passing yards and TD's with this game.
I hope it did. Nothing wrong with wanting to set the records. Striving to be the best is still a good quality. It's sports. Ego is a part of it. Set the bar as high as you can.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It`s ridiculous. NIL and the transfer portal ( AKA free agency ) have pretty much done away with college football that many of us grew up with and loved. JMHO, of course.
Yep. Money and false feelings of entitlement ruin everything.

I used to be a huge college football fan.......not so much since those ugly heads rose up. Heck, I used to come home from hunting on weekends just to watch the games. Not anymore. But I did enjoy a few of the games this weekend like Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri, and Oregon.

The NFL could use an overhaul as well. Go back to real pads, get rid of all the newer powder puff rules, overhaul the pay system, and let them play.