Colorado 4th season GMU 77 78 771

hunterdan

FNG
Hi all. Decided to burn my 6pts this year on a 4th season rifle tag in units 77, 78, 771. This will be my first mule deer hunt and first time hunting this area. I was coming into no mans land as far as NR points and choose this unit without much research. Going forward I plan on hunting 1-2pt units. What little info I have found has mainly been early season deer or elk. Gohunt says most of the winter range is private which has me a little worried if we get a lot of snow. I'm planning on getting there at least a day early to do some scouting but if anyone has any info they would be willing to share on the unit I would be very grateful. Feel free to PM me. I could also share some elk info on other parts of the state.

I just returned from 78, we were hunting elk. I did see a few decent mule deer, I’d be happy
To share their location with you, kinda doubt they will still be there in November though.

OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

FNG
Thanks for the info Nick. That is exactly what I was looking for. Being this is my first mule deer hunt I would be very happy to take a buck in the 150-170 range.

elkdozer

FNG
Dan,
Can you call, text, or email me tomorrow please? I’m interested in the 45-70 you have for sale but can’t get through to you in the other forum.

Randy Hibler
512-293-5187
[email protected]