Colorado GMU 67

Tequatche

FNG
Myself and several family members/friends drew Bull elk tags for second season in GMU 67 in southern Colorado. Myself and a couple of the guys going hunted GMU 68 OTC in second season last year and had the trip of a lifetime even though we were un-successful. I have been doing my best to study maps (ONX, paper, google earth, etc.) and was curious if anyone had any experience hunting in that area. The wilderness looks like it is very high and would prove to be tough to access, but remote and receive little hunting pressure in the earlier season. I have read that a lot of hunters like to hug around Sawtooth mountain in the middle of the unit. It also appears that the BLM land in between private land plots in the eastern portion of the unit contain watering holes, I'm assuming cattle graze there during the summer.

Just looking for any input that might help get a bull on the ground this fall. Feel free to respond or PM.

Thanks in advance
Just seeing how your hunt in 67 went. We hunted right over the unit line in 68 and peered over into 67. Spent our time in La Garita and didn't see anything in there. Did see one elk, he was in the meadow by our trucks when we finally packed out.