Colorado Speed Goat

I have 17 points in Colorado for pronghorn. I think I can draw in any unit. Which unit would you guys recommend for #1 getting a goat? #2 getting a really nice buck? Thanks For any input.

I’m a bad judge and never hunted them (yet). Saving points. But I’ve seen them my whole life throughout WY and Colo.

The suckers go between private and public all the time (or are right inside the line of public with a bad backdrop for a shot).

Pull draw odds from past few years to study the high point areas. Then start narrowing down your list from there with research.

But—— even a high point area doesn’t mean that it will hold “the big one”.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
It seems like someone told me years ago that there is a unit that borders Wyoming that is supposed to be the very best. That would make sense to me.

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
It will probably be more like, where you can get private land access.

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
What season are you thinking? Archery, muzzleloader, rifle?
There’s a few of the top units you wouldn’t be able to draw a rifle tag in with 17 points.
Now archery you could probably go anywhere but 201

Jwamja

FNG
Get permission on private! Lots of giant antelope in SE CO and lots of landowners willing to let you hunt. Also check out Piñon Canyon (Fort Carson). It’s worth the hassle.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Why do you have two accounts with the same post?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why do you have two accounts with the same post?
It appears that member simply copied this one. Nothing connects the two beyond that