Colorado Wolves Now Have 'Names'

Slugz

WKR
Aint that cute...

Im im Casper now waiting out the storm/ wind to go chase some geese. Sitting here drinking coffee and shaking my head at two things.

1) I just wasted 30 min reading that other wolf thread that got started by some newb who is from DC.
2) Why am I not moving to Wyoming or Alaska? I fear the state I love and live in is going to hell real quick.

Ugh...disappointing does not even begin to explain how I feel.

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
You open a whole bunch of issues when you anthropomorphize animals in general, and it becomes particularly acute when you do so with predators like wolves, cougars, hawks, etc., etc., etc. Needless to say, it adds a potentially overly emotional element that can complicate scientifically based wildlife management practices. Nature is cruel. Predator and prey balance is essential to a healthy ecosystem. Political ideologies getting in the way usually don`t benefit anything in nature.

You open a whole bunch of issues when you anthropomorphize animals in general, and it becomes particularly acute when you do so with predators like wolves, cougars, hawks, etc., etc., etc. Needless to say, it adds a potentially overly emotional element that can complicate scientifically based wildlife management practices. Nature is cruel. Predator and prey balance is essential to a healthy ecosystem. Political ideologies getting in the way usually don`t benefit anything in nature.

Exactly why they name those wolves. They’re not interested in scientific based wildlife management. They’re interested in an agenda. Those of us who live near YNP have already seen this cycle. Many people fell for it then. Many have had their eyes opened since. Wait until a named wolf crosses into WY and gets shot. There will be people literally bawling on national TV. Want to stoke emotions and get the city slickers to sign your anti hunting petition? What better way…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
2) Why am I not moving to Wyoming or Alaska? I fear the state I love and live in is going to hell real quick.

Ugh...disappointing does not even begin to explain how I feel.
If I could tolerate the cold even a little bit, we would have moved to WY years ago. I was back to strongly considering it even recently, and then this cold spell came in and brought me back to reality. There is no way I can spend the entire winter indoors. It's either that, or be a snow bird every winter. But can I keep WY residency if I'm only living there part year?

packer58

WKR
Of coarse they do, it elevates their status in the minds of these dumb asses ..........