Compact range card

JjamesIII

WKR
I’ve always used ballistic ae for load data and normally save my range card as a screen shot on my iPhone. I’m trying to print out a range card, but I just find the only option to be a full letter size sheet of paper, I’d like to print out a small card that I can laminate and taper to the rifle stock. What’s the best option for doing this?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve always used ballistic ae for load data and normally save my range card as a screen shot on my iPhone. I’m trying to print out a range card, but I just find the only option to be a full letter size sheet of paper, I’d like to print out a small card that I can laminate and taper to the rifle stock. What’s the best option for doing this?
Paste the screenshot into a word document on your computer and size it.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Upload the picture onto your computer and scale it down in print preview. This is the easiest way I've found to do it with the least amount of distortion.

AHAL

FNG

downloadable template - from everydaymarksman

works pretty good

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR

downloadable template - from everydaymarksman

works pretty good
I’m going to play around with this. I like to pear down the data fields. I usually just go yardage,come-ups, then 10 mph full value wind. I don’t need anything more on a range card for practical hunting distances.

MaddMatt

FNG
I make the chart in excel (or sometimes autocad), sized to an businesses card template, and laser print double sided, usually on a subdued paper, like rite in the rain tan. Close range dope on front, long on the back. I laminate into a luggage tag holder, and ziptie the relevant tag to my range finder.

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
I make the chart in excel (or sometimes autocad), sized to an businesses card template, and laser print double sided, usually on a subdued paper, like rite in the rain tan. Close range dope on front, long on the back. I laminate into a luggage tag holder, and ziptie the relevant tag to my range finder.
I did what you suggested, thanks for the advice 👍🏻. The luggage tag laminates are great, didn’t know they existed. Double sided dope cards are the way to go for data in a smaller card profile. My ballistic ae print outs fit perfectly in the luggage tags.

WCB

WKR
Did mine in excel...highlighted every other row in light orange so my eye can follow across easier than it all being black on white lettering. look down to range and across to data.....

Looks like you got it handled with the luggage tag idea. I just took packing tape and "laminated it"/ encased it in two layers then taped it to my stock....Also keep a second chart in my bino chest rig just in case and I can hand it to someone with my if they spot for me.

woz18

FNG
I really like that excel you sent - Thanks..

Two general questions in this same vein..

Elevation adjustment ( im a flat lander) Do you have a preloaded dope card and trust it? I usually try and shoot but wondering if I can simply count on math..

Windage Calc.. I see that you have some "preloaded" how did you calc that for your set up?