RokStok

ElPollo

WKR
What is being sanded? Foam fill?

I have a 3B on order which I’m not expecting to see for a month or two (late Feb follower here) which will house a Tikka lite contour for now, but I’ve got a recently acquired d18 contour barrel sitting in the safe so a bit of sanding may be needed down the road.
The carbon fiber is on the top edges of the channel and the foam is in the bottom. It’s super easy to sand out these channels. Stocky’s said somewhere in this thread that the carbon layup is the same for all barrel profiles, so you don’t need to worry about sanding through it. Just wrap some sandpaper on a long socket or something else appropriate and go to town.

cptorrez3

FNG
Factory Tikka barrels with Bart3B is perfect. ZERO issues with clearance/touching anywhere, no matter the field positions; and still maintains the "aesthetic" people are after I would say. Also, barrel looks perfectly centered to me but I have been told my brain is crooked by several folks, so who knows.

View attachment 711700

That looks good to me, but then again I know my brain is crooked...as crooked as crooked H.....

cptorrez3

FNG
1a) do not get the lite contour inlet… but it does look like Ryan may axe it all together and turn it into a collectable.

1b) 3b for the aesthetic of minimal gap with a factory lite barrel.

1c) sendero for functionality due to clearance and versatility.

2) 20 v 22 v 24... Go 20”

3) Rokstok drinks Mcmillans milkshake.

DISCLAIMER: This is a Rokstok thread, with short barreled rifles, and barrel inlets with enough clearance to house roadkill… opinions may be biased.
Is this the preferred set up for the RokStok or the mcmillian? I do like the look and the idea behind the RokStok and also the fact it is available. On the other hand Mcmillian is a giant in the space. I'm not super excited about the grey color ( the only option available) but I think ot would grow on me. I've went from the hnt26 to element 4.0 to manners or mcmillian to the rokstok. I think allterera was in there as well. I tend to over think everything, especially since it's all site unseen.

The grip on the rokstok alone is well more than enough that I’d pick it.

I’m still waiting to actually shoot mine but I’m about ready to list my eh1 just from dry firing and larping around my house with the rok

RMM

WKR
Came home to my rokstok on my porch! This stock is awesome. It’ll be a few days till I get it the rifle put together and have a chance to shoot it. The cerakote is awesome. My only concern is there are a few spots that on the comb that look like little defects. Interested to hear your guys thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_4469.jpeg
    IMG_4469.jpeg
    666.9 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_4468.jpeg
    IMG_4468.jpeg
    696.7 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_4470.jpeg
    IMG_4470.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_4471.jpeg
    IMG_4471.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_4472.jpeg
    IMG_4472.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 309

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Came home to my rokstok on my porch! This stock is awesome. It’ll be a few days till I get it the rifle put together and have a chance to shoot it. The cerakote is awesome. My only concern is there are a few spots that on the comb that look like little defects. Interested to hear your guys thoughts.
Jake from UM already posted in here to contact them directly if you are unhappy with anything about the stocks. I am sure the pitting in the Cerakote there would bother some folks. If that was my stock personally I'd go use it as is, but everyone is different.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Is this the preferred set up for the RokStok or the mcmillian? I do like the look and the idea behind the RokStok and also the fact it is available. On the other hand Mcmillian is a giant in the space. I'm not super excited about the grey color ( the only option available) but I think ot would grow on me. I've went from the hnt26 to element 4.0 to manners or mcmillian to the rokstok. I think allterera was in there as well. I tend to over think everything, especially since it's all site unseen.
I would recommend to not overthink and just buy a Rokstock honestly. I've used multiple of almost every single aftermarket Tikka stock over the last 5 or 6 years, Stockys VG2 was my favorite, and now it's the Rokstock for sure.

Set your rifle/rings/scope up as per @Formidilosus method and go shoot.

RMM

WKR
Jake from UM already posted in here to contact them directly if you are unhappy with anything about the stocks. I am sure the pitting in the Cerakote there would bother some folks. If that was my stock personally I'd go use it as is, but everyone is different.
I’m not unhappy, just wanted to hear what everyone thought it was. This is my first experience with cerakote and if it’s just pits in the cerakote I’m not worried at all. Just wanted to be sure it wasn’t going to be a weak point in the stock. Appreciate the input!

Take us an eh1/rok side by side
Grip to trigger on the eh1 is good, rok is slightly better. Eh1 butt height is good, rok is better. 1B885940-D80C-43A0-91ED-D77D02EF8D08.jpeg

Grip on eh1 is good, but a little thick, apparent when you hold the rok.more neutral, no lateral pressure or wanting to turn your hand in. The clearance is something I’ve never really felt, it’s very slim, and just not bulky in the grip area and it feels very good to me. I can really hold the rifle by the grip, and not just be kind of holding/touching onto the side/front of the grip area like with a thick grip. But, I have relatively small hands so I could see how a big mitted guy may dislike that. FD9EFCA2-71B3-4F41-A1DC-3C2CAE0756B3.jpeg

Eh1 forend is good for a lr stock for holding off hand, but rok is sculpted a little more, little more curvature, it’s better and feels more like a sporter stock here in a good way. Like the eh1 is a lr stock you can hold offhand fine and no issues, but the rok is made to be shot offhand as well. Slightly slimmer, slightly sportier19C2AE6A-B751-4334-9B76-309F7C90BC17.jpeg

Grip/forend texturing is just and absolute win. Eh1 texturing is there but is slick, rok texturing is not sandpaper but provides a lot more grounded feel. They nailed the texture, and it’s a bigger deal than I expected.

I like my eh1 and I think it’s the second best tikka stock on the market. All the little things and the extra 7 ounces means as long as the rok holds up as I shoot it I’ll sell the eh1

I’m not unhappy, just wanted to hear what everyone thought it was. This is my first experience with cerakote and if it’s just pits in the cerakote I’m not worried at all. Just wanted to be sure it wasn’t going to be a weak point in the stock. Appreciate the input!
If you watch the shoot2hunt podcast on YouTube there is a Stockys commercial in them where Jake's big ass tries to snap a Stockys Stock in half and the stock barely flexed

Reactions: RMM

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don't think that is in the cerekote, I think its little surface imperfects in the raw stock such as the resin not conforming perfectly flat to the mold surface or dings while machining and show because the stocks aren't being skim coated and sanded (which is labor and cost for appearance only). That's my impression. My VG stock has similar marks and its not cerakoted. IMHO doesn't affect function and not noticeable from a distance either.

BBob

WKR
My only concern is there are a few spots that on the comb that look like little defects. Interested to hear your guys thoughts.
A fully finished stock IMO should not look like that especially if it were ordered fully finished with Cerakote. I ordered a Rokstock bare so if I have to fill (if I choose) I can and then finish. I also think defects like those shouldn't be there in a 1st stock. FWIW I have ordered Stocky's 2nd's and left them as with the mold defects (minor) only scuffing up the bare carbon with Scotchbrite to dull it.

ElPollo

WKR
I get that Ryan and UM started a discussion thread on these stocks. But if you have a problem with a product, the right thing to do is to give the company the chance to fix it before going on the internet with your concerns. UM has clearly said they will take care of their customers. Ryan, UM, Stocky’s, and Form moved heaven and earth to develop an out-of-the-box, totally new product with input from the board, and they did it in less than a year. That’s fricken impressive. Give them credit for that and understand that there will be some hiccups in any process like that. I doubt any other stock makers would stand behind their products and service like these guys are doing.

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
I get that Ryan and UM started a discussion thread on these stocks. But if you have a problem with a product, the right thing to do is to give the company the chance to fix it before going on the internet with your concerns. UM has clearly said they will take care of their customers. Ryan, UM, Stocky’s, and Form moved heaven and earth to develop an out-of-the-box, totally new product with input from the board, and they did it in less than a year. That’s fricken impressive. Give them credit for that and understand that there will be some hiccups in any process like that. I doubt any other stock makers would stand behind their products and service like these guys are doing.
Agreed. These guys are slammed with orders and everyone (including me, LOL) want their stock yesterday! That being said, some of the imperfections that have been brought up on this thread should have never made it out the door in my opinion. I'm sure these guys are going through some tough growing pains because of a great product that lots of us want.

So no discussion on a discussion forum? No one is bashing them, simply stating their experience. There has been 0 negative comments just issues pointed out. The inability to critique a product of the forum owners, would take away credibility.

I honestly believe all stock manufacturers would have let that cerakote job get shipped out. How can you guarantee a finish that is not only different colors but different patterns to adhere 100% perfectly?

Bond007

FNG
Just listened to the most recent podcast and at the end they said the M70 stocks won’t have the molded in texture. That’s quite disappointing to hear and hopefully that will change in the future. I was about to order but that will make me hold off.

I honestly believe all stock manufacturers would have let that cerakote job get shipped out. How can you guarantee a finish that is not only different colors but different patterns to adhere 100% perfectly?
When paying for cerakote that costs close to 50% of the stock, I would want it to adhere pretty dang close to perfect. But I’m also too cheap to pay for cerakote so to each their own.

I'm used to there being little holes and imperfections in carbon stocks and I never get bent out of shape about it. That is maybe a little more than what I'd expect but I'd probably just rock on and let it be.

I know Jake and Form and others want people to contact UM with any minor concerns or questions they are unsure of but I'm with you, i'd rather discuss with others and figure out your own stance on it before wasting UM's time. Jake has posted enough about people changing orders and wanting this and that and causing confusion. I generally lean hard into the "let the gun plumbers plumb guns rather than sit on the phone and email all day" camp. Unless UM would prefer dozens of "is this little bubble in my finish normal?" calls... It's commendable to want to make sure all of the customers are happy but sometimes customers need to figure out if they should be happy and level set on expectations before wasting the business's time too.

Last edited: