Comparable Shelters to Argali Rincon

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going to a shelter for spring bear and late rifle deer. Is there another shelter I should consider for a shelter that is similar in price and space to the rincon? Main thing is I want a shelter with enough room to throw my gear in with me and have the use of a u-turn or cylinder stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
The Seek Outside Guardian is a palace for one. I spent a night in mine solo and it's an absolute palace for you, gear, and a small stove.
Otherwise, you'd have to jump up to a 4 person tent like the Absaroka or Seek Cimarron

OP
ccoffey

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
The Seek Outside Guardian is a palace for one. I spent a night in mine solo and it's an absolute palace for you, gear, and a small stove.
Otherwise, you'd have to jump up to a 4 person tent like the Absaroka or Seek Cimarron

Did you get the shelter/stove combo from them? The guardian looked like a pretty good comparable shelter. The guys I hunt with already have the larger shelters so this is just for me on solo hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
@ccoffey

I did not get the combo from them. I have the small (12") Lite Outdoors stove that I use in my Guardian. It's a really good combo. I was getting anywhere from 1-2 hours of burn time in that little stove and it kept the tent warm. We were able to dry our socks and boots out at night, and warm up in the morning.

I had the stove, stack of wood, and what I wanted to dry out in one vestibule. I slept in the first "bay" by the stove. I had the spot for the 2nd person, and the entire second vestibule for my gear. It was plenty of space. I was with two other guys who slept in another Guardian. In the evening and the next morning, the 3 of us were able to sit in the tent with the stove roaring. We were able to fit comfortably if you're just sitting.