Considering Crossfit

mohawk32

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know. They are the most popular box in town with the most membership and the highest membership fees, though. Pay more money to not have to squat?
Truth be told there's days I've considered it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Rackmastr

WKR
Nothing more intimidating in the gym than dropping into the hole with heavy weight on your back.

Can say that again.....squats sure can be a mental game as well as physical but sure feels good to stand back up with some big weight!!!

Nothing can get in my head faster than a heavy squat day!! Love and hate that feeling haha

Poser

WKR
Can say that again.....squats sure can be a mental game as well as physical but sure feels good to stand back up with some big weight!!!

Nothing can get in my head faster than a heavy squat day!! Love and hate that feeling haha

Tell me about it. My box is starting a 20 rep squat cycle today. Its one of those start at 60%, do 20 reps, add 5# to the bar each session until you stall out. It grueling death by barbell, especially once you hit rep 12 or so. I'm nervous just thinking about. I believe there is a Mark Rippetoe quote that is something to the effect of "you'll find Jesus during a 20 rep squat cycle"

Rackmastr

WKR
Love it. I need to start adding in some more higher squat rep schemes in my lifting. They can get damn taxing really quickly!!!

Nothing pushes the 'nerves' button more!! I do enjoy that crazy 'scary' feeling though!

mohawk32

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing more intimidating in the gym than dropping into the hole with heavy weight on your back.
After going from CF to weightlifting, it's the days where you still have 5s at 75/80% after snatch complexes that are the worst.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

PJG

WKR
Most squatting injuries happen when reps go over 8. Not saying you shouldn't do more than 8, just saying you need to maintain tightness the entire time, it's easy to loose this and bam bad things happen. Especially when you start breathing hard and let the diaphragm pop like a balloon and the entire midsection goes soft. Any of the powerlifting movements are as much about maintaining tightness as they are about strength. Ed Coan used pretty high reps during a lot of squat cycles with great results.

I used to do all the recommended weight requirements, but these days I scale it back quite a bit and really focus on form. It has helped me out way more by doing this than just lifting heavy. I'm not nearly as sore and my joints don't hurt the next day.

PJG

WKR
Whoa there, sorry to hijack but I would love to see something to support such a bold assertion. I am no expert nor a Crossfitter but I 100% disagree.

Nothing wrong with disagreement. Just working with high level coaches, and competitive lifters. There's a reason oly lifters, and powerlifters use low reps, yes the weight is one, but focus on how to keep proper form is another.