Cooking knives

EvanG17

FNG
What does everyone run for general use cooking knives. My wife and i have some offbrand junk from bath and body. And have been looking at something to replace them, but with all the options out there and so may iffy reviews i am lost. Iv looked at benchmade and MKC like most sportsman would. But damn the price makes a guy wonder if it is worth it. Any suggestions are welcome

The ones the knifemakers put out are super sexy, but you’ll probably do just as well with a Victorinox chefs blade as you will with almost anything. Just keep it sharp!
X2. They ain’t bad at all. They keep a good edge if you take care of them. Best bang for the buck going in my opinion.

I own some cheapo Damascus to some customs. The customs are far better. But, pay the extra for stainless if you can’t commit to taking care of carbon.

I’m lucky. My brother has got back into making quality knives again. So, I get what he doesn’t pass. All cosmetic. And he’s a perfectionists.

I have some Henckles 5-stars, and I really like these. I have also seen the ads for the benchmade kitchen knives, and they look awesome.

MattB

WKR
I think you exceeded the definition of the word “run” by applying it to kitchen stuff. That’s about like doing a grilled cheese “build”.

We have some fancy knives but for some reason I just love the Victronox.

jayhawk

WKR
I have Misen knives. They’re great for the price I think. Also only heard good things about victorinox

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I have a bunch of Chicago Cutlery that my parents gave me when I got my first place out of college. That was almost 40 years ago and those knives might be 60-70 years old. Still going strong.