Cooper Landing Hunt

Hey guys, me and a buddy are going black bear hunting around coopers landing early September. I know there are a few cabins near the lakes for rent. Do you think getting one would be a good idea? I have watched what I can about black bear hunting. Any help would be appreciated. I will be coming from Fairbanks and my buddy from Texas. Just trying to get a general idea on maybe where to park and where to start or glass. Thanks Guys

Htm84

WKR
The forest service cabins are nice. I think you’d have a hard time finding one that’s available now. During the week maybe but any weekends are gonna be full. Most of them you have to book 6 months ahead. But keep checking because people do cancel reservations. I went to a couple of them the end of May looking for a black bear. Didn’t see anything up high. I’d imagine in September you’d find more up higher on berries.

OP
J
The forest service cabins are nice. I think you’d have a hard time finding one that’s available now. During the week maybe but any weekends are gonna be full. Most of them you have to book 6 months ahead. But keep checking because people do cancel reservations. I went to a couple of them the end of May looking for a black bear. Didn’t see anything up high. I’d imagine in September you’d find more up higher on berries.
Yeah I just looked there pretty booked out until September. Thank you for the tips!

All kinds of trails there. Look up the forest service trails map and start from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk