Copper bullet, no data, is weight or length the priority for start point?

WyoHuntr

FNG
Solid copper bullet question, in the experimental realm: when choosing a load range to start in, do you focus more on the bullet length or the bullet weight???
There is no data, and no direct equivalent. I have an idea of where I'm headed, but interested to hear what more advanced reloaders might think. (Advanced... por favor!)

Here's the project, for your curiosity:
26 Nosler
125gr Badlands Precision Bulldozer2
LRT and US869 powder
I'm looking at Nosler data on their website. Big case with a big difference in powder from 125 to 142 data. Not able to cheat off of Barnes data. Not a rookie in this game, but not a big solid copper shooter. [Pic is a BP B2 next to the ABLR's I used before rebarreling]. I've learned from experience, when it comes to 1000rd barrel life, it's best to find a load fast!

Attachments

• 20220402_215842.jpg
    20220402_215842.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 24
Have not loaded for the cartridge or bullet you have. But I did shoot the 110gr SBDII in a fast twist 25-06 that ended up aligning very well with accubond 110gr data. I think there are too many variables at play and you will probably have to just test with the powders you have. I would personally work from the nosler data for the same weight bullet.

Back