Core4 element

Bumping this thread for you guys. Its Core4 christmas day on camofire. I cant afford to be spending any money right now, but theyve got alot of good stuff in the line up today!

Enjoy,

I bought some core4 this past season and had great success with it. I have the element jacket and pants and several merino tops and bottoms, super pleased with all of it. Has anyone here had any experience with the rain gear they are offering now?

Bumping this thread. FYI... Core4 lowered all their pricing on their website. No better quality at that price.

I bought some core4 this past season and had great success with it. I have the element jacket and pants and several merino tops and bottoms, super pleased with all of it. Has anyone here had any experience with the rain gear they are offering now?

Ordered a set of rain gear and have been able to test it out a bit. Had a blizzard roll through a few weeks ago, and thought it would be the perfect time to test it out while I got all of the Christmas decorations down that my wife has been pestering me about. I was out for about an hour and when I came in the house and took it off I was bone dry. The clothing is well made, and I could move around well without feeling constricted at all. Even in the cold temps (+14 degrees) it stayed flexible and quiet when I was moving around. Then I decided to give it a test at the carwash, I even came out dry on that one too!

Last edited:
I like the looks of that Core4 rain gear. Almost 2 lbs for the set seems fairly light for how well it apparently works, but I'm waiting to see what the new Kryptek Poseidon stuff weighs and costs.

Ruttin- How small does the Core4 rain gear pack down to?

goodgrouper, the fabric is made out of a laminated microfiber brushed tricot fabric, it is soft to the touch and pretty dang quiet for rain gear. The full zippers in the legs make getting them on and off over your boots a piece of cake. The main jacket zipper is a bit tough to do up, but I think that is just on this zipper(the bottom keeper looks a little bent) the other zippers are smooth and pull easy.

BigSurArcher, good to hear from ya, I check your blog every once in a while, the rain gear packs down to about 8 inches by 8 inches, not real small but packs away nice. The jacket hand pocket on the right I believe you stuff the jacket into, and the pants have a back pocket that they pack into. I will try to get some pictures with a reference later tonight for ya so you can see for yourself.

P1010962_zps36fd4947.jpg
[/IMG]Here is what the C4E Torrent rain gear looks like packed up, pants on the left, jacket on the right

I'm tall and gangly and wondered how the Core4 gear fits taller guys? I want to order the swithback pants in long and also Element jacket.

I had a Sitka 90% jacket and it fit ok, Kuiu guide jacket fits like its tailored for me but both types of pants were short, hoping the Core4 in tall will do the trick

thoughts???

Core4 in a tall runs at 36 1/2 inseam, the waist runs a little small so if you have a 32 waist get a 34 and they will fit right

Perfect, thats what i was hoping. I need the long inseam and I'm a 33 waist so the 34 should be just right (sitka and kuiu fit a bit big in a 34)

Only downside i see to Core4 is they dont have a hood on the jacket??? whats up with that

Thanks for the info

I have the merino boxer briefs. The older ones and the newer ones. The older ones where great but had wrinkles in them after a couple of months, The new ones do not seem to have the same problem and are tighter on the leg. I believe they have less wool and more of some stretchy type of fabric in them. I also tried out a pair of there pants during archery season this past season and they where light and you can put knee pads inside them. I liked them but I would wear knee pads outside so my pants do not rub my knees with the weight of the pads running up and down my leg while hunting. They IMO make good stuff at a good price. Never tried there rain gear as I used my new KUIU stuff. I an sure that if you can buy the core4 stuff you will not be wanting to return it!

Back